• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pop! The sound your ACL makes when it goes....

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
The holy trinity....ACL, MCL and medial meniscus. Skiing wasn't the culprit....dirt biking crash.

ACL, MCL, and medial meniscus, I'd call it the unholy trinity. Hope you can get them all attended to medically and be back on skis, and dirt bike without too much time off. Have you done PT before? That'll keep you busy, and be good for you in the long run. Did the dirt bike survive?

TS
UGASkiDawg

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
Dirt bike was fine although it's going to get lonely before next summer and the rest of me was fine. I've never rehabbed a knee but the have had peroneal tendon surgery and shattered tibia with a rod placed in it all the same leg.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Oy. I was a big part of the dirtbiking life before I switched to skiing life and I knew a lot of these injuries in the realm.
Hopefully we can catch you for some social time while were there since skiing life won't be a factor.
I'm in FL till Friday but if your still around I'll do a shot ski with you!
Sorry, didn't pack the Shotzski.

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Saintsman

Getting off the lift
Skier
Was reading this just as Mrs Saintsman decided to put Ski A&E on the TV, focusing on ski accidents in Val Thorens over a season. A litany of bone breaks and ACLs caused by variations of people being idiots

James

Out There
Instructor
Sorry to learn this. Best wishes. Florida...

I’ve done two acl’s and never had/heard a pop. Frankly, the knee with meniscus also was the worst for long term issues. Acl’s were longer recovery though.

You should be back for next spring I would think.

This year I had an event barely moving, extended an unweighted ski, felt/heard a pop. First time ever. Turned out to be nothing major, but kept me off skis for two weeks.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Huge bummer! Heal up so we can make some turns next season. I missed skiing with you this crazy season!

Sponsor