• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
1656691333292.png

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
You never went to the submarine races? You lead a very sheltered younger life.
They staged human powered submarine races in the covered water channel at my work !
Many colleges competed. Riders donned scuba tanks and peddled
modified bicycles underwater with a propeller on back ! I did work on real navy submarines !

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
They staged human powered submarine races in the covered water channel at my work !
Many colleges competed. Riders donned scuba tanks and peddled
modified bicycles underwater with a propeller on back ! I did work on real navy submarines !
Our 'submarine races' consisted of a noncompetitive mixed gender 2-person team. Often there was a parked car in a secluded location involved. Don't remember EVER seeing a submarine while attending one of these events.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Our 'submarine races' consisted of a noncompetitive mixed gender 2-person team. Often there was a parked car in a secluded location involved. Don't remember EVER seeing a submarine while attending one of these events.
That sounds familiar, and is my recollection of the submarine races back in the day. You didn't get to see the submarine because they raced underwater hence the name of the race. I didn't attend many because I was too big of a square.

Sponsor