• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
1656829149195.png

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
This would be funny if it isn't true.

View attachment 172575
For some reason the 1/16 measurement is difficult for some people to understand. They understand 1/8th easy enough because they know that a pizza has 8 slice's beyond that they get lost easily. I found it better to use base numbers as a guide a foot is base 12 and an inch is base 16, today's kids understand that better.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I found it better to use base numbers as a guide a foot is base 12 and an inch is base 16, today's kids understand that better.

As a skier, I am very well aware that many out there have sixth toes. So base 12 for the foot thing is very natural.
With the other body part that is relatable in inches. Most guys just round up. Or simply go metric. A much more impressive number.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
As a skier, I am very well aware that many out there have sixth toes. So base 12 for the foot thing is very natural.
With the other body part that is relatable in inches. Most guys just round up. Or simply go metric. A much more impressive number.
I just measure once and cut until it fits or I have to start over again.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
For some reason the 1/16 measurement is difficult for some people to understand. They understand 1/8th easy enough because they know that a pizza has 8 slice's beyond that they get lost easily. I found it better to use base numbers as a guide a foot is base 12 and an inch is base 16, today's kids understand that better.
What about 1/32 or 64th's or 128th's They'd never get these !