• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
1663590772958.png

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
The old carrot before the horse trick, it is often used in business to keep people working hard.
It is the carrot or stick. Problem in todays world is they start with a carrot, the bean counters who dont know what a carrot is or why they should give them out get involved, the HR steps in and says that there is not enough diversification, the IT steps in and changes the password every three days and creates a simple 3 step process that only takes a minute that takes 40 steps and 3 hours to locate and since HR is involved it talks about general vegetation with no link to the carrot, so you end up with half a rotten grapefruit and you will like it.

Last edited:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
It is the carrot or stick. Problem in todays world is they start with a carrot, the bean counters who dont know what a carrot is or why they should give them out get involved, the HR steps in and says that there is not enough diversification, the IT steps in and changes the password every three days and greates a simple 3 step process that only takes a minute that takes 40 steps and 3 hours to locate and since HR is involved it talks about general vegetation with no link to the carrot, so you end up with half a rotten grapefruit and you will like it.
This sounds like you have some experience with this?

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
If you used the old adage "if it doesn't fit get a bigger hammer" there is a small hammer on the ground and then there is th larger hammer near by, so I guess that is what they did, "get a bigger hammer".

A sawzall and/or plasma cutter would be quicker and quieter. A hammer would be nice for the final fitting.

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
This sounds like you have some experience with this?
9 companies, same tool belt. Started pre HR when it was Personnel, all the management came up through the ranks, all the support came up through the ranks. Worked harder, got more done, in less time with a better work ethic, attitude and work life.

Last edited:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
9 companies, same tool belt. Started pre HR when it was Personnel, all the management came up through the ranks, all the support came up through the ranks. Worked harder, got more done, in less time with a better work ethic, attitude and work life.
That type of hard work to get promoted with in the same organization was good. In my telecom job they stopped doing it that way. They promoted with the same company but not the same department. There was a time that I had several different bosses in the same year, it was not uncommon for me to have to train my new boss in the job we did. After a while I got tired of training the new boss that I transferred out to a completely different organization just to do something else.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January