• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
1675398241127.jpeg

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That reminds me of the time Herman and McBean were interviewing Tom Petty back when he had a broken hand, and they gave him thousands of faxes of hands in sympathy. Petty said "you know that's in really poor taste", to which they replied "poor taste is what we do here."

At a later interview, David Lee Roth kicked them out of his dressing room because they started scarfing down all of his food.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Have you noticed candy costs more when it's wrapped in pink and red instead of ghosts and goblins?

jcjpdx

Getting on the lift
Skier
So this isn't a joke, rather an amusing incident that I find funnier every time I think about it.

I was at Timberline Lodge two weeks ago, walking to my car to get lunch. I witnessed the interaction between two young men, who were just arriving for the afternoon and obviously new to Timberline, and one of the Timberline Hosts. The host was a sweet elderly woman, probably late 60's or early 70's, and the young men were in their twenties.

The host answered several questions for them about lifts, runs, conditions, etc, and then asked them if they needed a map. They did, and she proceeded to tell them that they could point their cell phone QR readers to the code on the sign right in front of them and download a map. "Don't you have any paper maps?" No, Timberline apparently has done away with paper maps. The response? "Look, this is the 21st Century, get some paper maps!"

The irony slays me.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
That one actually made me curious as I've never heard that term... it's a real term for plastic that WAS bound for the ocean that's collected/intercepted and reused before it can get to the ocean.