• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Wait... are they real mincemeat pies made with beef? (like this: https://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Traditional-Mincemeat-Pie-2/)

Or the modern "fake" ones made with all fruit?
My Mother-in-Law made World Class Honest to God Mincemeat. The kind with high-end suet, finely Prime Beef, and expensive brandy.
One Holiday she brought a pie and and a couple of quart jar of mincemeat to our house and gave it to my Wife.
Weeks go by and Mother-in-Law asks if we enjoyed it? "Enjoyed what", was my response. "Why Judith!", was hers. Wife just got quiet.
Turns out my Good Mrs. had served one small piece of pie to everyone then hidden the rest and eaten it all herself. The jars were stashed in the basement behind other jars and enjoyed at leisure by herself. We have laughed about this one for years.
There was no remorse for good reason; it travels down the same line as 'fiends on a powder day'.

Lord that woman could cook. Great people, so many stories; miss her a lot.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
IMG_5215.jpeg

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Hate auto correct! But sometimes it creates some interesting points. Yes, it SHOULD have been "friends".
Don't you mean "NO friends" on powder days? I'm thinking auto correct is even more intrusive than we figured.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

Sponsor

Staff online