• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
141246429_4182445175117884_9006868383367622887_n.jpg

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
You know... there are a few wildlife sightings I've always wanted to have when skiing... a moose at Jackson Hole... the goats at A-Basin... and especially, I've wanted to see the kangaroos bounding through the snow at St. Anton, the powder flying off their tails...
When we where in Austria visiting family a few years back they had post cards that said something like,

This is Austria we don’t have Kangaroos!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Not to be a killjoy, but I think the point is that no dairy product was used in preparing the mashed potatoes.
I think that's right... but wierd that they use "plant-based" rather than "vegan". "plants-only" would be more accurate than "plant-based".

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
My father always shook his head at food labeled organic. Hell, all food is organic except water and, of course, minerals.
I might try meat-based mashed potatoes, organic or not!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I think that's right... but wierd that they use "plant-based" rather than "vegan". "plants-only" would be more accurate than "plant-based".
If they used a corn oil margarine and not butter it still would be all plant based.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
If they used a corn oil margarine and not butter it still would be all plant based.
Some Googling show that that is what they do, and those are vegan potatoes... my comment was only to point out that "plant-based" could mean they start with plants and add other things that aren't plants. "Vegan" would be more explicit.

Sponsor

Staff online