• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
BUT WHAT ABOUT GYMNASTICS??

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Banjo lessons.jpg

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
That is an interesting group of men. My first thought was that they were Pinkerton, next was Mob Guys, then Untouchables. So help me out, who are they?
Just a random pic of men from the 1910s found via Google.

The point was that they aren't anyone specific, but that each generation or era tends to think similar things about those that come after them.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Just a random pic of men from the 1910s found via Google.

The point was that they aren't anyone specific, but that each generation or era tends to think similar things about those that come after them.
That may have some truth but I am not sure if many could do what the "Greatest Generation" did.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
...but I am not sure if many could do what the "Greatest Generation" did...
I don't believe that has anything to do with it... there's no statement implied about better or worse... just about how people from very different eras view the younger generation. More about style and culture than anything.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I don't believe that has anything to do with it... there's no statement implied about better or worse... just about how people from very different eras view the younger generation. More about style and culture than anything.
I guess we can agree to disagree, you can't confuse fortitude and grit with style and culture. It is like thinking that activity is actual accomplishment.