• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Laurel Hill Crazie

AKA Rob Davis
Skier
You got me on that one. You're even a bigger nerd than me, and that's saying something!

Am I a nerd or just your average Google searcher? Huh, I just noticed the spoiler button was omitted from my last post. So to end the suspense, Bones' middle name is Horatio and I think the captain you hinted at was Horatio Hornblower, a creation by C.S. Forester whose last name is similar to DeForest Kelly aka Dr. McCoy. And the answer to my question is I used a Google search.

Edit: David beat me to posting the answers.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
1618425081512.png

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
Someone once accused me of being a nerd. I protested. She asked me if I knew what the T stood for in James T Kirk. I answered automatically, without thinking. She coughed, “nerd.”

Tiberius
I have some potentially extremely upsetting news for @David Chaus, @T-Square and @Uncle-A: you should all brace yourselves as it may be almost too much to bear. Tiberius is not, in fact, common knowledge, leading to the inevitable conclusion that indeed, you may in fact all be nerds. <Cough, and whispers "sorry">

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I have some potentially extremely upsetting news for @David Chaus, @T-Square and @Uncle-A: you should all brace yourselves as it may be almost too much to bear. Tiberius is not, in fact, common knowledge, leading to the inevitable conclusion that indeed, you may in fact all be nerds. <Cough, and whispers "sorry">
A nerd no doubt, but not a Trek nerd, just my square nerd universe. Any one that knows me well a test to the fact that I am square. But wasn't it H Lewis and the News that said "It's hip to be square"?

Slemers

Getting off the lift
Skier
My wife and I flew from our local airport in our Grumman Traveler on a nice late spring day. As we were halfway between Redmond Ore and Bend we encountered some turbulence (more like jackhammer blows).
I elected to continue on to SunRiver and upon arrival we were met by a nice young lady in a golf cart, She pulled up and asked if we needed any services. Then she noticed that my beautiful wife had barfed in my Million Air FBO cap and it had leaked all over her. The golfcart driver said "Oh you poor thing! Hop in and I'll help you get cleaned up"
Of course since it was a beautiful day, people were sitting in the sun on lawn chairs by the FBO.
We flew back later that afternoon on a slightly different course :) No barrel rolls though on that day or any other. Still married too :)

Sponsor

Staff online