• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Turoa Kiwi

JH
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
1620865692594.png

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
My oldest was about 11, the power was out, and she wanted to talk to a friend. Of course the cordless phone wasn't working so I said to use the old red rotary phone in the dining room. I assumed that she would know how to use it.

Many people now have no idea what this is. In the late 50s my grandmother had a wall phone with a 20 foot cord so she could use it all over her house.

1620917109661.jpeg

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Doug beat me to it.

It's funny, in this context the term "gas" is not actually a gas but a liquid. I know it's short for gasoline, but sometimes, not often, I think the Brits have it correct.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I have to believe that she has gas cans in the bins. One is kinda showing in the one closest to the camera.

Otherwise she's got one scary mess there.

You're giving her more credit than I would have... The CPSC tweeted about not using plastic bags to store gasoline:

Of course, the people who read the CPSC recommendations are the type of people who wouldn't store gasoline in a plastic bag to begin with and the people who do store gasoline in bags are the type of people who don't read CPSC recommendations... :rolleyes:

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
I have to believe that she has gas cans in the bins. One is kinda showing in the one closest to the camera.

Otherwise she's got one scary mess there.

I'm guessing she has an odd assortment of various empty bottles and sprayers in there. Like for windex, detergent, bleach, etc. The actual containers built specifically to store gas are probably also in short supply?

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I'm guessing she has an odd assortment of various empty bottles and sprayers in there. Like for windex, detergent, bleach, etc. The actual containers built specifically to store gas are probably also in short supply?
Plenty of gas cans by me here in NJ. The fuel cans are color coded red for gas and yellow for diesel. Not sure about other states but the gas stations in NJ refuse to fill unapproved cans. But we don't have to pump our own gas.