• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Turoa Kiwi

JH
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
1638319951617.png

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Huh... I've never heard of that.
Try it sometime. It creates an airflow that sucks out the humidity exhaled by humans. In Tahoe, the snow can come down so fast, that with a carful of humans (and a dog) the defrost can have trouble keeping up. Just venting out the moisture we exhale helps quite a bit.

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
Huh... I've never heard of that.
Back to the glass half full thing. Your defroster is trying to push air into a closed space. If you provide a vent to let the pressure equalize, you can have air flow. Open any window, it doesnt matter. The principle is the same using window fans in a house. Some push cool air in, some push hot air out, if not you are not getting anywhere. This cannot be explained to wives.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Back to the glass half full thing. Your defroster is trying to push air into a closed space. If you provide a vent to let the pressure equalize, you can have air flow. Open any window, it doesnt matter. The principle is the same using window fans in a house. Some push cool air in, some push hot air out, if not you are not getting anywhere. This cannot be explained to wives.
Oh, I get it. It makes intuitive sense. But I've also never had an issue with my defroster not working fine with all the windows closed. Maybe I haven't had enough people/wet things generating a lot of moisture inside while driving.