• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Having been on that bridge a number of times, it would be pretty terrifying to have a fast moving object fly under while I was on it.

Sometimes jets (I assume from Whidbey, possibly from JBLM) will buzz overhead at Stevens Pass. It's loud when that happens, and with the mountains around you don't hear them coming until they're just overhead.
I was (water) skiing on a lake in Western Indiana in the 80s when two fighter jets buzzed the lake supersonic. Not entirely sure what they were, as when they are that low you only see them for a split second. I had a moment to wonder at why they were so quiet before the answer arrived in the form of more noise than I thought possible. I am told by a friend who went to AF academy and later flew A-10s that that was a rare treat. They just don't do that very often.

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I think COVID has affected the hummigbirds.

1617736665003.jpeg

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
Tech's are funny, but Engineers not so much.
Thats because they post jokes...... lots of jokes... not all of them are funny ha ha, but funny as in "the person who thinks I can do this should be locked in a room and forced to kick himself in the junk until he can no longer procreate so as to raise the IQ of the entire next generation by a measurable amount" kind of funny. :ogbiggrin:

Turoa Kiwi

JH
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Engineers are funny. Ever see the expressions on the tech’s faces when they look at the latest changes the engineers want to the plans?
For part of my Telecom career I was a tech and had to deal with engineers and trust me they only think they are funny. Especially the engineers from Bell Labs believe me they only had bell shaped heads and thought they could do no wrong.

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier

Sponsor

Staff online