• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
You aren't a true SW fan I assume?

You don't know the Power of the Dark Side.
Define "true SW fan". I've seen all the movies, most several times; Watch the Madalorian, and have started watching Clone Wars. I know the line you're referring to and noticed that it doesn't jibe with the rest of the movies. But I don't take it personally. :ogbiggrin:

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Define "true SW fan". I've seen all the movies, most several times;

How old/young did you start?
How many is "several"? Two digits or less numbers do not qualify.
How many parsecs did The Millennium Falcon make the Kessel run in?
What language does Chewbacca Speak?
What Clan did Darth Maul Belong to?
Who was the first ever Dark Lord of the Sith?

:ogbiggrin: :ogbiggrin: :ogbiggrin: :ogbiggrin:

You have no idea how deep the rabbit hole goes.

WARS have been fought in my neighbourhood over such things when I was a kid, wars! :ogbiggrin: :ogbiggrin: :ogbiggrin:

Turoa Kiwi

JH
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
1634174160297.png

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier

The parsec (symbol: pc) is a unit of length used to measure the large distances to astronomical objects outside the Solar System, approximately equal to 3.26 light-years or 206,000 astronomical units (au), i.e. 30.9 trillion kilometres (19.2 trillion miles).

So why worry about storm trooper accuracy inconsistencies?

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
How old/young did you start?
How many is "several"? Two digits or less numbers do not qualify.
What language does Chewbacca Speak?
What Clan did Darth Maul Belong to?
Who was the first ever Dark Lord of the Sith?

You have no idea how deep the rabbit hole goes.

WARS have been fought in my neighbourhood over such things when I was a kid, wars! :ogbiggrin: :ogbiggrin: :ogbiggrin:

You boys need to get a life. A GF is usually a good first step.

BTW, I saw the original in the theater with my GF.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The parsec (symbol: pc) is a unit of length used to measure the large distances to astronomical objects outside the Solar System, approximately equal to 3.26 light-years or 206,000 astronomical units (au), i.e. 30.9 trillion kilometres (19.2 trillion miles).

So why worry about storm trooper accuracy inconsistencies?

I am well aware of that fact BUT this still does not answer the question.

Nor des it give a hint of how a 20 parsec run can be made in 12. Hyperspace stuff you know.

I am telling you, these are serious things.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You boys need to get a life. A GF is usually a good first step.

BTW, I saw the original in the theater with my GF.

In the immortal words of Darth Vader: It is too late for me, son....

Getting a GF will surely be frowned upon by my wife, I am almost sure she won't take it well...

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
Nor des it give a hint of how a 20 parsec run can be made in 12. Hyperspace stuff you know.

It depends on which fandom stream subscribed to.

It may just have been an irrelevant boast by Solo to try to impress the Vader twins.

Alternatively, in a commentary track on the Star Wars Blu-ray release, George Lucas stated that ships in the Star Wars universe can't travel in straight lines while in hyperspace due to collisions with celestial objects. Thus, distance is an important factor in how quickly a ship can get from point A to point B. The Millennium Falcon's superior navigation computer allowed it to travel shorter distances between points. Supposedly by skirting the nearby Maw black hole cluster was able to make the run in a shorter distance.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

It may just have been an irrelevant boast by Solo to try to impress the Vader twins.

Alternatively, in a commentary track on the Star Wars Blu-ray release, George Lucas stated that ships in the Star Wars universe can't travel in straight lines while in hyperspace due to collisions with celestial objects. Thus, distance is an important factor in how quickly a ship can get from point A to point B. The Millennium Falcon's superior navigation computer allowed it to travel shorter distances between points. Supposedly by skirting the nearby Maw black hole cluster was able to make the run in a shorter distance.

You just googled that, admit it! :ogbiggrin: :ogbiggrin: :ogbiggrin:

Otherwise, by skirting the Maw, yes.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

That's a retcon if I ever heard one....

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid