• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
1634183866516.png

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
100% true! Anytime we went somewhere really crowded - amusement parks, the zoo, etc. - he was leashed. He would take off running and toddlers can zig zag through a crowd like nobody's business.
Same here. When she was 3 she took off hiding in the dress racks and deliberately not answering even with 2 salespeople and myself looking for her. I was terrified someone had nabbed her and taken her out of the store. Then a few weeks later I was carrying packages trying to hold her hand and she shook loose and took off across the parking lot. So we got this leash. It was just an elastic thing hooked around her wrist and my wrist. She hated it and was mortified enough to reform. She also told me she hated me. I told her that was fine, but my primary job was to keep her alive and safe, not be her friend. We only used it a few times, but it made an impression. We are now at the stage we can be friends as she has lived to be 34.

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
You just googled that, admit it! :ogbiggrin: :ogbiggrin: :ogbiggrin:

Some prefer to call it "research". Or "fact checking".

That's a retcon if I ever heard one....

As science errors in movies go the misuse of parsec was a small one. About on the scale of using the wrong constellation for the actual date/time/location in the Jack and Rose floating on a door scene in Titanic. (James Cameron corrected that in later cuts.)

Retcons? Hard to top Bobby in Dallas. Massive. (Proud to say I never watched the show.)

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
Anybody interested in a free ride in a private jet flight for 4 people?! I'm still looking for 2 more people to join us.

We leave early Saturday (Dec 18th) morning from Erie Pa, and will fly to St. Augustine Fl where we will have breakfast and then on a yacht for lunch and some deep sea fishing

Then we’ll do a flight along the coast to see The Jacksonville, FL port and, then fly back home to Erie.

If interested please pm me..

Preferably someone with a Private jet and yacht, otherwise we can't go...

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I was in my local burger joint and the guy behind the counter asked if I would want my burger flipped by a PhD. in Philosophy, History, or English Literature?

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
What college did you go? It looks like a Western Electric pay phone but not sure.
I had to check, but I think the one the girl has might be an WE, the one pictured is a Automatic Electric. Logo on the dial.
Wherever he was if it was an AE then most likely it was a independent phone company. WE was q partner co with the bell system.

Trivia. The operators had to listen to the bells ding to tell how much money went in.

Last edited:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
WE was q partner co with the bell system.

Trivia. The operators had to listen to the bells ding to tell how much money went in.
Yes to the operator listening to the coins drop.
I am not sure what you mean by "q partner" WE was part of the Bell System but I always heard of it as a triangle AT&T, Bell Telephone, and Western Electric. It was the manufacturing arm of the Bell System. AT&T was the Long Lines and Bell Telephone was made up of 26 local Bell Companies. That all ended 12/31/1983 and 01/01/1984 was a totally different telephone system. Might have been the worst thing that happened to the USA Business because we had cheap, reliable, telephone service from coast to coast.

Sponsor