• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
1659621439068.png

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sometimes I think there are "bad" edits that Wikipedia shouldn't have corrected...

View attachment 174577
Actually, there is a "Murphy's Law" version of the three laws of thermodynamics which is, in fact, entirely true, with the normal versions in parentheses.

Law 1: You can't get something for nothing, you can only break even (usually conservation of energy)
Law 2: You can only break even at absolute zero (entropy increases in general)
Law 3: You can't get to absolute zero (entropy constant at absolute zero)

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Actually, there is a "Murphy's Law" version of the three laws of thermodynamics which is, in fact, entirely true, with the normal versions in parentheses.

Law 1: You can't get something for nothing, you can only break even (usually conservation of energy)
Law 2: You can only break even at absolute zero (entropy increases in general)
Law 3: You can't get to absolute zero (entropy constant at absolute zero)
Stop it... You're breaking the first law!

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Add non-aerodynamic roof rack.
Yes like the Yakima my neighbor has. I have one also but both howl at 50mph so I refuse to use mine.
A guy at work did a wind tunnel experiment on air flowing over a cylinder. The loud acoustic wave moves along
the cylinder from one end to the other. The Windancer accessory they sell for $85 stops the noise but that is too much
to pay for a crummy sheet of plastic worth a dollar at most. I'll try a few things like a piece of pipe foam etc
to stop the acoustical wave.

Sponsor