• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
So another thread reminded me that we need a place to promote and capture the pure joy of getting out and skiing the old boards. We've got LOTS of great pictures of the skis but this is for ON THE SNOW pix, reviews and just comments about how big the smile was on your face while skiing them!

Scale;
:yahoo:, No explanation needed

:D, These things rock, who needs them damn new skis anyway!!!

:), Solid ride but just short of all day fun

:huh:, I wanted to like them but really just couldn't make them work for me.

:nono:, No explanation needed

This was Valentine's Day @ Okemo, 2-14-18. I spent half the day on a pair of my favorites, 200cm Rossignol 4Sk's with Look 99RS bindings. TeleBetty was on her 190cm Rossignol 4Gk's with Marker MR bindings. We had an absolute blast on these and kept insisting it was more fun than the morning had been on 'new' skis...

We're giving them a solid :D rating!!!

2 14 18 O a.jpg

2 14 18 O.jpg

Last edited:

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Let these out to play earlier today for a for about 5 hours or so (9:00 until about 2:30-3:00)

I hadn't had the opportunity to use them much lately, so it took a while to get the hang of it back. Carving high speed turns was easy, but not so easy to carve shorter ones, despite the fact that it says for short and long turns right on the ski IIRC (under the binding).
Rating, once up to speed. :yahoo:

Attachments

• 20180224_100126.jpg
    20180224_100126.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 66

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
195 Authier Vampire limited competition anniversary ski. This was fun. Fairly soft and damp. Quick short radius, did not have to work hard to get a nice rebound, really nice in crud. I need to spend a little more time on the edges.ogsmileogsmile More than one smiley but not quite the next smiley.
IMG_0095.JPG

203 4S Just managed to fit my boots without a remount. I am not typically a high speed cruiser but this was enjoyable.ogsmile
IMG_0096.JPG

The Authier and Rossi made my Olins feel downright skittish. 180s after all but great in the bumps.ogsmile
IMG_0101.JPG

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
The heel looks like a Solomon but the toe is confusing, the front brake suggests a Look toe, but it may be an after market brake. Because of the light weight of the Hexcel's it may be a plastic toe like the S 222 and that would match up with the heel.

TS
Bill Talbot

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
The heel looks like a Solomon but the toe is confusing, the front brake suggests a Look toe, but it may be an after market brake. Because of the light weight of the Hexcel's it may be a plastic toe like the S 222 and that would match up with the heel.

You'd think @Philpug would know enough to brush away the snow before snapping the picture...:huh: ;)

It's the funky bend of the forward facing brake that's got me...

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
190 HEAD 360s Tracked like a tank but a fun tank. Held a very nice edge throughout the turn. Nice in powder. It was pretty much hero snow so will have to try them in more challenging conditions some day. I got more quizzical looks than compliments with these. The most common comment is something like 'You really had to know how to ski in those days'. Some people can't believe those are LOOKs and that they have been around that long. Whippersnappers!!!!!:nono:

IMG_0109.JPG

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Here are a few I have seen this season.
IMG_20180331_163949892.jpg
IMG_20180302_144332.jpg
IMG_20180228_124346.jpg

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Every day is retro day at Mt. Rose.
IMG_2593.JPG
IMG_2594.JPG

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
I think it was retro day at Tremblant on Saturday. At least I didn't see anything on anyone's feet that was the same as anything hanging on the condo wall. Teal green 7SK's I remember seeing, plus numerous others.

Also 1 piece ski suits....Saw a Decsente one just like one I had except different colour.

James

Out There
Instructor
What's wrong with 1996?
IMG_4993.JPG

They haven't made it out of the garage this year. Or last...

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
190 HEAD 360s Tracked like a tank but a fun tank:). Held a very nice edge throughout the turn. Nice in powder. It was pretty much hero snow so will have to try them in more challenging conditions some day. I got more quizzical looks than compliments with these. The most common comment is something like 'You really had to know how to ski in those days'. Some people can't believe those are LOOKs and that they have been around that long. Whippersnappers!!!!!:nono:

View attachment 43266

I should have included :) for the skis. The scowling emoji was for the whippersnappers.

Sponsor

Staff online