• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Want To Buy Preschool kids lightly used ski gear - harness, wedgease, helmet, goggles, skis, etc.

Rostapher

All Praise Ullr
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So my ski tech decided that since my boots were dirty she should clean them (this was not a request from me!)
D9B964E6-4D33-4645-8E88-797944E1ED56.jpeg
Edit: Thanks for all the replies Puggers! I now have boots, skis, a harness & tips connector. : ) She opened her boots and said, “ohh, ski boots” and then almost immediately after “Where are the skis???” (They just haven’t arrived yet)

So, at the moment a good helmet, small goggles, and maybe some clothing is all I’m looking for now.

Advice & Recommendations still welcome as well!

As you can see, she is very excited about skiing (or is it me???) & recently turned 3. We were planning to take her for her first time around now, but you know...

So, I’m looking for lightly used gear for next year to get her started. A harness, wedgease, helmet, goggles, skis, etc. that your child grew out of would be great. Recommendations/advice for indispensable pieces of kids ski gear also welcomed! (The Roces Idea adjustable boots are already on the list)

Ideally, I could find someone(s) who has several pieces of gear, so I don’t have to pay for shipping multiple times. Please PM with what you have and maybe we can work out a fair price.

Last edited:

Mastergunnera8

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi, Ive got a harness tether...almost new shape pretty sure its this one.....https://www.rei.com/product/717895/lucky-bums-deluxe-ski-trainer-harness

How about $10 shipped...throw me a paypal, PM me for account and its yours....

Last edited by a moderator:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Get the skis when you can. Let her play with the skis and boots in the yard, even with no snow. Just walking around, falling down, getting up, putting skis on, taking them off practice will put her more prepared for the real ski day when it happens. Pro tip, good idea to wear gloves so she doesn't cut herself in the edges.

TS
Rostapher

Rostapher

All Praise Ullr
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Get the skis when you can. Let her play with the skis and boots in the yard, even with no snow. Just walking around, falling down, getting up, putting skis on, taking them off practice will put her more prepared for the real ski day when it happens. Pro tip, good idea to wear gloves so she doesn't cut herself in the edges.
Thanks @crgildart, sounds like a great idea! I was thinking her own equipment would get her more excited and she would be familiar with it, but I hadn’t thought of all the practice she could get in before there’s ever snow!

TS
Rostapher

Rostapher

All Praise Ullr
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hi, Ive got a harness tether...almost new shape pretty sure its this one.....https://www.rei.com/product/717895/lucky-bums-deluxe-ski-trainer-harness

How about $10 shipped...throw me a paypal, PM me for account and its yours....
Thanks for the offer @Mastergunnera8, It looks like someone is already sending a harness with some other gear as well. I’ll let you know if something falls through though or I need another.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Thanks @crgildart, sounds like a great idea! I was thinking her own equipment would get her more excited and she would be familiar with it, but I hadn’t thought of all the practice she could get in before there’s ever snow!
Here's some flat land snow day toddler stoke..
1589923543548.png

1589923588963.png

Plenty of fun just stomping around the yard. Pro tip don't show them really high exposure, extreme ski movies. Seeing people dropping cliffs and outrunning avalanches will freak them out and make them scared to go ski.

Delicious

Glass Cranks
Skier
For whatever reason, these very casual-looking REI puffy mittens are superior. They were waterproof from 9am-4pm for both of our boys every Sunday last season. We purchased the remaining inventory at our local store to future-proof everyone's happiness for the next few seasons. Mitts are simply THE most important piece of ski gear for young children.

TS
Rostapher

Rostapher

All Praise Ullr
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What size skis were you looking for?
Well, really very short ~70 cm as she’s just starting. The skis being shipped are 88 cm & probably are going to be too big to start on, but I since they were offered with other gear I thought I’d have them in reserve for season 2 and onward,

TS
Rostapher

Rostapher

All Praise Ullr
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
For whatever reason, these very casual-looking REI puffy mittens are superior. They were waterproof from 9am-4pm for both of our boys every Sunday last season. We purchased the remaining inventory at our local store to future-proof everyone's happiness for the next few seasons. Mitts are simply THE most important piece of ski gear for young children.
Thanks! Wholeheartedly agree about the mitts. We have some pretty good ones that were hand-me-down but I will definitely keep these in mind!

kimmyt

My Rack Is Bigger Than Yours
Skier
Ah, I sold my 68cm skis to another fellow on this site so all the ones I have are too large. Sorry!

Sponsor

Staff online