• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Prescott AZ Ride Recommendations

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Mrs. K and I will be in Prescott AZ for the second half of April and would love ride recommendations.

Beginner, intermediate and advanced, we love them all.

Nearby Sedona, also.

Thanks!

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
Mrs. K and I will be in Prescott AZ for the second half of April and would love ride recommendations.

Beginner, intermediate and advanced, we love them all.

Nearby Sedona, also.

Thanks!

We did a mtb trip down there a few years ago, unfortunately I broke my wrist the week before we left so it became a hiking trip...phenomenal except for all the damn helicopters shuttling tourists on sightseeing trips out of Sedona. They were like mosquitos buzzing around. I had some trails from my trip planning research, I'll poke around to see if I can find them. I think they were analog(paper maps!!).

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Ranch > Badger

The Spence Basin loops system is really freaking good. I love that area.

Sedona, triple H’s of course. Western Gateway trails.

in two weeks everything in Flagstaff should be dried out. Come up and ride The Heart Trail. I poured my soul into designing and building that one. A whole lot of blood , sweat and tears were shed on that project. It’s worth your time, I promise.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
Come up and ride The Heart Trail. I poured my soul into designing and building that one. A whole lot of blood , sweat and tears were shed on that project. It’s worth your time, I promise.
Dang, based on that statement I might have to smuggle myself into a bike box and stow myself in @Tom K. car....

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I'm very interested in getting down there for a few days. I have no idea how to make that happen..maybe I can pull that off as a 55th birthday boys trip...

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Dang, based on that statement I might have to smuggle myself into a bike box and stow myself in @Tom K. car....

Well, if you do get down there, we've got room for you to park the Sprinter for a few days.

Beers and/or a few steaks might even buy you an indoor shower!

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ranch > Badger

The Spence Basin loops system is really freaking good. I love that area.

Sedona, triple H’s of course. Western Gateway trails.

in two weeks everything in Flagstaff should be dried out. Come up and ride The Heart Trail. I poured my soul into designing and building that one. A whole lot of blood , sweat and tears were shed on that project. It’s worth your time, I promise.

The Heart Trail sounds great. A day trip may be in the works. Thanks for the heads up.

Any opinions on the Thumb Butte area trails. A fellow board member on the local mtb org recommended it.

Primarily interested in easier to moderate trails. That's what my wife prefers, and I can have fun on ANY mtb trail.

TS
Tom K.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We drove by Ironclad Bikes on our way to the trailhead yesterday, and Zak spent 20 minutes sketching out routes for my wife and I on the map we bought.

Classy place.

Sponsor