• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pro patrol, When was the last time you fretted over your ski edge angles?

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
For me, Skis are tools, sharp tools work best. But I can make them work regardless....

udailey

Browsing Garage sale and eBay
Skier
Last time was at monarch with my new navigators but I dulled the tip and tails and they started to behave. I suppose that's really about sharpness. I bought some DPS cassiar f94 here on pugski and have been wondering about the edge angle for that and if it really matters if I just use my 1/1 told to give it a sharp edge. And if I'm on a steep incline will a degree or two make a difference that I'll notice when I'm trying to hold an edge while skidding down to a better point to start actually skiing?
Well you asked and that's when and what I've had on my mind regarding edge angle. :)
Uriah

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I imagine this varies a great deal based on where someone is pro patrol.

As pro patrol in Vt -- it makes sense to me you'd want sharp edges given you have to ski anything at anytime on patrol

Walking through the patrol room where I volunteer -- tuning seems to be a seasonal thing rather than a weekly one.

ZionPow

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Never. Edge angle is not much of a factor vs. crushing edges on rock bands ski cutting and running avy mitigation routes in areas where most people would not consider going. We are very hard on skis and they are viewed as replaceable tools, not jewels ;)

Sponsor

Staff online