• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Prognosis for this ski, WNDR AlgalTech Intention 110

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Performing post season storage tune ran across this sidewall/edge ding. Start of a separation.

Opinions on prognosis? Epoxy and clamps? Ride it and wait and see? It’s Algae based WNDR. Surprised a bit to find this it had 7 days in Japan. That’s it. Could have been an unceremonious toss into the back of the van or a transport ding, no idea. I did eat it pretty hard a couple times :philgoat::huh: IMG_5867.jpeg IMG_5866.jpeg
IMG_5872.jpeg IMG_5874.jpeg IMG_5875.jpeg

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Get in touch with WNDR? If I was trying to break more eco skis in the market I'd kinda want to know when my stuff has problems.

May of course be nothing to do with the construction and just one of those things.

TS
Decreed_It

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Get in touch with WNDR? If I was trying to break more eco skis in the market I'd kinda want to know when my stuff has problems.

May of course be nothing to do with the construction and just one of those things.
I sent e-mail and also filled out the warranty claim/problem form, with photos. Crickets. Have checked junk/spam thoroughly.

I'll call them, and I agree. Sidewall delam isn't cool on these. I really want them to work. Could it have been that fluke 1 in a 1000 sidewall hit (that I've never had on any other ski in the last 10+ years?) - sure.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I did eat it pretty hard a couple times
The small damage on the top matches the damage on the bottom. Is it possible in one of your unintentional offloads the other ski whacked it? Any dings on the bindings or edge on the other ski? Sorry, no idea how to fix it.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I sent e-mail and also filled out the warranty claim/problem form, with photos. Crickets. Have checked junk/spam thoroughly.
YMMV. For me, that's it. Done. Moving on to a known-good mfr., with bad reviews in my wake.

TS
Decreed_It

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
The small damage on the top matches the damage on the bottom. Is it possible in one of your unintentional offloads the other ski whacked it? Any dings on the bindings or edge on the other ski? Sorry, no idea how to fix it.
Entirely possible they rode around in a pile of skis in the back of the van when not in use, for a 10-day Japan tour. I was surprised to find it in this condition post season tbh. I've done worse to other skis and never seen an issue like this. My enforcers - all of them - the top sheets are just SHREDDED from my terrible technique/lack of skill but never a sidewall blow out. Or any significant damage other than cosmetic.

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hmm what about contacting the shop you bought it from?

Not the same ski but my wife had a similar issue but with way more edge separation, probably like 3 to 4 inches of separation(user caused). A reputable shop said they could try to fix it but that would involve removing the bindings to remove sidewall so they could ?epoxy? the area. Would also give them room to clamp it after the repair. Quote was costly

Thankfully, Rossignol just warranted it for us even though it was user error.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

At this point I am wondering if there might be hidden compression failure (read: small barely visible cracks) in the aspen bits of the core.

Sponsor

Staff online