• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Props to Ski Essentials

https://www.skiessentials.com/

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A big thank you to Ski Essentials for helping me out with boots. After trying on multiple boots in a number of ski shops in the East and the Rockies, I decided that I wanted to try on two particular models and compare them side by side. None of the shops I went to had both boots in stock and/or were unable to be them. And one shop discouraged me from even trying on a smaller size then my current boot, despite a shell fit telling me that this would be fine.

Ski Essentials not only had both boots in the size that I was looking for, but knew that I would be returning one of the pairs after trying on both over a period of days. They gave me a Pugski discount on both. When I returned one pair two weeks later, the pair that I kept had dropped in price and they even gave me a store discount for the difference!

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Used the credit from purchasing a pair of skis to pretty much pay for a couple of pairs of Smart Wool ski socks I was having trouble finding in local shops. They are good people.

James

Out There
Instructor
Wait, you actually bought boots?? They're for skiing, not like snow boots?

We need a pigs flying emoji...

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Amazon is a middleman.. @SkiEssentials is a member here, why wouldn't just contact them direct?
Because I had Amazon bucks. I did contact them here about the order in advance, explained it was coming from Amazon, etc. they didn't mention the discount. Nor did the bindings actually arrive mounted as they said they would. No biggie, local store mounted and tested them for chicken feed.

James

Out There
Instructor
This is @bbinder buying boots, not @mdf .
I know, but we had this conversation like in Dec. Forward progress was like post holing in thigh deep snow.

@mdf is next. If we had a plastics chemist throw out some numbers on the plastic decay of his spare pair in the dark closet, we might make headway. Surely the half life has been reached after 30+ years.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I know, but we had this conversation like in Dec. Forward progress was like post holing in thigh deep snow.

@mdf is next. If we had a plastics chemist throw out some numbers on the plastic decay of his spare pair in the dark closet, we might make headway. Surely the half life has been reached after 30+ years.

You're just trying to get me to buy Dodge's. I can tell.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm sitting at home waiting for my skis from Ski Essentials. I emailed them with a few questions before I ordered and flat out asked if they would give an additional discount. They provided a code promptly. Looks like I did it at the right time too because they're out of my size now.

TS
bbinder

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Wait, you actually bought boots?? They're for skiing, not like snow boots?

We need a pigs flying emoji...

Wellllll, I did end up with only one pair. And if I am going to get married to something, I want to make sure that it is 'The One.'

TS
bbinder

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Marrying boots is over rated!
If a nice looking floozy came by tomorrow I'd shack up with her. But the dating process is always too long and too much work.

Ok: I’m not going to touch this one.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Marrying boots is over rated!
If a nice looking floozy came by tomorrow I'd shack up with her. But the dating process is always too long and too much work.

Oh, I missed this one. Boots are definitely more like floozies until you find the perfect one. Then you commit and work hard on the relationship and sometimes it works out in the long run or sometimes they abuse you for too long and eventually you leave for greener pastures with memories of dreams and pain.

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
I bought a pair of new 2020 Kastle MX 99 size 176 from Ski Essentials on 1/14/21 that included Tyrolia Attack 2 13 GW bindings with free mounting and shipping for $629 all in after discount. I would like to thank Phil Pug for his review of the MX 89 that started the severe Kastle addiction that I now appear to be afflicted by. I do not believe that any amount of Rehab will free me from it. Phil, I am still waiting on the Pugski/skitalk stickers from when I made a donation. PM me for my new Virginia address

Reactions: BMC

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
I bought a pair of new 2020 Kästle MX 99 size 176 from Ski Essentials on 1/14/21 that included Tyrolia Attack 2 13 GW bindings with free mounting and shipping for $629 all in after discount. I would like to thank Phil Pug for his review of the MX 89 that started the severe Kästle addiction that I now appear to be afflicted by. I do not believe that any amount of Rehab will free me from it. Phil, I am still waiting on the Pugski/SkiTalk stickers from when I made a donation. PM me for my new Virginia address
I forgot to mention a special thanks to Mike Aidala of Ski Essentials for all of the help in getting this done and getting an adjusted total price of $559.00

Kbord

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I bought a pair of dynastar legend 106 1/25/2021. I called first before I placed my order. Talked to someone about two pairs of skis. He seemed knowledgeable and I decided on these. I actually love these skis and am so glad I was able to talk to them before buying. Awesome price to boot. Prices are so good I bought matching jacket and pants, then just ordered another set of jacket and pants. Really great shop with people there that know what they’re talking about. I didn’t think to ask for a discount but I’m happy with what I paid and what I got so zero regrets and I’ll be buying from them for a long time.

Sponsor

Staff online