• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am really temped to get a pair of the Pulses. For those who do not know...there is a bit of Pugski history there. I designed those graphics from @Ron's condo in Steamboat. I remember telling the graphic artist...no, computer diodes, yes..in the background.

The Fuelie Boss is also the same ski as the PMGear SuperBro. IIRC, the mount point of that ski is way off, too far back and needed to be brought up. The sold out Cheetah was supposed to be a special order ski but they just brought it to the market quickly because it looked good, Tricia had a pair of them that we mouned with Vist plates. The Phi-nominal is the same ski as the hart "Laddie" that @James still skis. I fought those Pheonix graphics, I thougths they were way too busy.

Last edited:

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
ugh I was hoping for some mythical 185 Fuelie bosses.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
ugh I was hoping for some mythical 185 Fuelie bosses.
We had talked about making a 185 and 175 but that would have required new molds. We had them on the buyers form and it depended on how many were pre ordered. I don't hink there was ever enough to make the molds.

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
What on that list would work for a front side, firmer snow,groomer cruiser ski for a guy that is 6' 195? I have a wider soft snow ski and was looking to replace my old 78 waisted Rossignols.

skifastDDS

AKA doublediamond223
Skier
The 180 pulse would work well for what you are looking for - 77mm 17m. I just picked up another pair from this sale to hold in reserve. Truly an excellent ski.

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
IMG_1465.JPG

My 170 Hart Pulse skis! They have a ton of Pugski history, Purchased from @FairToMiddlin following the Tahoe Gathering, he broke one ski and Bob Barnes got him a single mate. Bindings and mount were done by @Philpug. Prior to these, I bought a pair oh Hart Fulie in 180, which is the direct predecessor, crashed big time in a Jackson Hole run run, then, sold them to @HeluvaSkier. He made them perform at a far higher level than me. The Pulse skis have not seen the light of day in 2 seasons. @Roby lukens was hinting he would like to give them a try at our Blue Mtn home.

My take on the Pulse is just a great carving ski on hard snow, also just busts through heavy spring snow. They made me smile. For me, the 170 is money, they are somewhat heavy, so in bumps I would not want a longer ski. The 180 was great for high speed / high competence skiers, just not for me, and I am 6ft, 195 lb. No 170's left in the Pulse. The still available Whiteout in 167 would work for a many who like more short radius turns.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Some of those skis have been out quite a while -- what, maybe near 10 years?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Some of those skis have been out quite a while -- what, maybe near 10 years?
Yes, it is truely a timeless ski. IIRC, the first time I skied this ski was @epic's Vist Free3, way way back when.

This is was one of the designs for the ski. I forget why we went all black. I never liked the hart logo over the two skis but that was the direction for a while. These were penned by the one designer Josh, I forget his last name. @Dave Petersen was hart's other designer at the time.
the hart pulse v8 new green 2.jpg

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I didn’t do too much for them.

HeluvaSkier

Reality Check Writer
Pass Pulled
I still recon the Pulse (and all of the variants from VIST and Blossom) is one of the best skis ever made. I made a post about it in another thread... maybe the once in a decade ski thread that @Philpug started about the Renoun... but I consider this ski to as good, if-not better than that ski. The performance envelope is simply astonishing.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I snoozed, I loozed. Was thinking of grabbing a Pulse but they're down to the shortest ones.

HeluvaSkier

Reality Check Writer
Pass Pulled
There were 5 180's left and three of them went to participants in this thread, as-did the last pair of 170 Cheetahs... ogwink

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
That was one hell of a clearance deal on the Pulse. At those prices you would have been crazy not to buy an extra pair or two. I'll definitely be prepping my pair for some snow time in the coming weeks... I've missed them. :)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IIRC, landed cost of these were about $330.00

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Must not buy. Must resist. Nothing to see here. Can't afford the consequences......

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Must not buy. Must resist. Nothing to see here. Can't afford the consequences......

To whom it may concern,

I give Paul permission to buy ONE pair of Hart or Blossom skis.

Sincerely
Phil Pugliese
Owner, Pugski.com

Print that out and you are good. :thumb:

Sponsor

Staff online