• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Comparison Review Pugski.com's 2017 Steals & Deals

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Can anybody compare and contrast the Soul Rider 87 with the Armada Invictus 89 Ti? How similar do they ski and is one better or worse than the other in certain conditions/situations? Thanks.
Sure. Even though both skis technically twin tips, the Invictus is more directional in its profile and the Soulrider is a bit more park and jibbish. Both are deceptively easy to ski. Even though both are pretty youth oriented, the Invictus is more mature...but it still has no problem partying all night. I think the Invictus handles the crud a bit better. If I was headed out and didn't know what the conditions were, I would grab the Invictus. If I was going out to play in the park or some spring bumps, the SoulRider.

Last edited by a moderator:

12snap

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Sure. Even though both skis technically twin tips, the Invictus is more directional in its profile and the Soulrider is a bit more park and jibbish. Both are deceptively easy to ski. Even though both are pretty youth oriented, the Invictus is more mature...but it still has no problem partying all night. I think the Invictus handles the crud a bit better. If I was headed out and didn't know what the conditions were, I would grab the Invictus. If I was going out to play in the park or some spring bumps, the SoulRider.

Thanks Phil. I have the original Soul Rider and love it. It is my current daily driver but I'm looking for something narrower. Does the Soul Rider 87 really ski like a narrower version of the original? It sounds like it might be a little softer and more park oriented. Do you remember where the bindings were mounted on the SR 87 that you skied? Were they closer to a center mount or were they set back a bit? Thanks.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks Phil. I have the original Soul Rider and love it. It is my current daily driver but I'm looking for something narrower. Does the Soul Rider 87 really ski like a narrower version of the original? It sounds like it might be a little softer and more park oriented. Do you remember where the bindings were mounted on the SR 87 that you skied? Were they closer to a center mount or were they set back a bit? Thanks.
Bindings were set up traditional not forward as a park position. Nordica did a great job, taking what was best about the original Soulrider, and making a "mini-me".

Last edited:

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Glad to see the steals and deals.
New Samba question for ya ?

If the wife really loves ( and I mean ) really loves the samba, having several pairs would you suggest the older 16s or new 17 version ?
Characteristics she loved in the previous version are light, lively and plenty of versitility. Plenty of forgiveness yet skied excellent in 2 plus feet of pow - thoughts ladies ......... and gents?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The new Samba is worth it. The really did make a good ski better
The new version retains its strength but is a touch more nimble

Last edited:

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Nordica Nrgy 80

Well done on the list! Glad you finally saw the light on the Soul Rider. :)

Tell me more. I just picked up an inexpensive pair of Nrgy 80s sight unseen as my daily East Coast driver next winter.

Sponsor

Staff online