• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PugSki/SkiTalk - EpicSki username cross reference list

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
epicski was dave_SSS
pugski is SSSdave

Epicpass sent an email indicating my auto pass renewal was imminent so reviewed what the options were for this coming season. Then phoned their office and had my pass changed from Kirkwood only no restrictions senior $469 that I've had since Vail bought the resort to the Tahoe Value Pass senior $399. Vail could have gotten more of my money if they would have offered a Tahoe Local Pass with a senior discount which they do not for unknown reasons?

Thus outside the holiday black out dates will now be able to ski Heavenly 7 days a week and either Northstar or Kirkwood all but Saturdays. That does not matter because I retired in February from my 8-5 m-f hi tech career in Silicon Valley of 4+ decades so skiing weekends no longer matters. Actually I'll enjoy skiing Heavenly on Saturdays because yo yo-ing down Gunbarrel and East Face moguls on Saturdays when those slopes are most dug up and loose by other skiers is perfect for my interests. Additionally the Saturday night party scene in SLT will be easy to slide into from skiing during that day. Also will enjoy occasionally tree skiing Schaffer's Camp chair at Northstar on week day fresh powder days where I would really like to rabbit bounce down some long epic non-stoppers.

David
Friday February 19, 2021 update to my first pugski post with two photos taken today in front of a mirror after two happy days skiing Little Dipper bumps all days at Heavenly at Tahoe. This is what a lively senior (with a mid-winter tan haha) is supposed to look like.

IMG_7158.JPG

IMG_7159.JPG

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

shima

Dojo Owner, Sr Network Engineer, Skier
Skier
I was shima on EpicSki just like I am on here. Also shima on TheSkiDiva. :)

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I just wanted to bump this thread because I thought on Epic there was a user name called "Rossi Smash" or something like that because it was his first pair of new skis? Does anyone remember this and who is that on SkiTalk, if they still participate?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I just wanted to bump this thread because I thought on Epic there was a user name called "Rossi Smash" or something like that because it was his first pair of new skis? Does anyone remember this and who is that on SkiTalk, if they still participate?
@Bill Talbot here.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Not me This could be called Rossi Smash !

I totally demolished Rossi 650’s at Jackson Hole 4 decades ago. Did a big jump planning to land in a large patch of untracked snow. Untracked for a reason !
It was 1/2” of snow over a huge flat rock.
the compression blew out a foot of the Bakelite core under the binding. And cracked the other ski. I could hold it up and see a foot of light where the core disintegrated. Amazingly the bindings were still attached and bottoms were unscratched. I was not hurt and actually did another run as it was at end of the day. A wet noodle with no edge hold at all.Luckly on this trip I brought 2 pairs and these were the rock skis. They went into the first trash can I saw. My friend, unknown to me, fished it out of the trash. He put a giant bandaid on it and the trip leader presented it as a consolation prize when I lost the club race by 0.05 seconds!

A true Rossi Smash !

Last edited:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Not me This could be called Rossi Smash !

I totally demolished Rossi 650’s at Jackson Hole 4 decades ago. Did a big jump planning to land in a large patch of untracked snow. Untracked for a reason !
It was 1/2” of snow over a huge flat rock.
the compression blew out a foot of the Bakelite core under the binding. And cracked the other ski. I could hold it up and see a foot of light where the core disintegrated. Amazingly the bindings were still attached and bottoms were unscratched. I was not hurt and actually did another run as it was at end of the day. A wet noodle with no edge hold at all.Luckly on this trip I brought 2 pairs and these were the rock skis. They went into the first trash can I saw. My friend, unknown to me, fished it out of the trash. He put a giant bandaid on it and the trip leader presented it as a consolation prize when I lost the club race by 0.05 seconds!

A true Rossi Smash !
My question would be, why do you have a Rossi ST-650 out west when it was clearly an East Coast ice ski?

Sponsor

Staff online