• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pugski Is Now SkiTalk.com

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah. I was referring to this site as 'the ski nerds' in mixed company. This was to avoid explaining what the name meant exactly.
In my house, you have become known as "Dad's Imaginary Ski Friends".
I might be able to move that to SkiTalk. Thanks.

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
I am almost rethinking the tag and going with SkiTalk | It Just Makes Sense.
Really? At the risk of being labeled the contrarian and :duck:

"Pugski" made sense to insiders, not to outsiders.

"Ski talk at a higher level" was a statement to distance the site from some behavior at Epic. Again, makes sense to insiders, perhaps not so much to outsiders.

"It just makes sense" refers to the decision to change names. Again, makes sense to insiders, not so much to outsiders.

Definition of tagline from Sumo: "A tagline is defined as “a catchphrase or slogan, especially as used in advertising, or the punchline of a joke.” When it comes to marketing, a tagline is your business' mantra; it tells people who you are and what you stand for in a few succinct words."

"It just makes sense" as a tagline doesn't advance your business message.

I already changed my account profile to reflect "Contrarian". I Yam What I Yam.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Really? At the risk of being labeled the contrarian and :duck:

"Pugski" made sense to insiders, not to outsiders.

"SkiTalk at a higher level" was a statement to distance the site from some behavior at Epic. Again, makes sense to insiders, perhaps not so much to outsiders.

"It just makes sense" refers to the decision to change names. Again, makes sense to insiders, not so much to outsiders.

Definition of tagline from Sumo: "A tagline is defined as “a catchphrase or slogan, especially as used in advertising, or the punchline of a joke.” When it comes to marketing, a tagline is your business' mantra; it tells people who you are and what you stand for in a few succinct words."

"It just makes sense" as a tagline doesn't advance your business message.

I already changed my account profile to reflect "Contrarian". I Yam What I Yam.
I think Phil was kind of joking about the Just makes sense tagline.
For now, because Pugski did pick up so much traction over the past 5 years, it makes sense to keep the "Powered By"
We are keeping the urls with re-directs and will continue to build the sense of community surrounded by the industry leading strengths.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
As long as Stockli remains the darling of the community here, I am not worried too much about the name of the forums.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Ok, I can work with the change in name, I guess. Need new cap but store and I didn't work well together. I'll give that a day or two and try again. SkiTalk it is!
Store should be working. It took my order. :)

NZRob

Skiing the Rock
Skier
Nice work guys, a seamless transition to what seems like a natural evolution for where you've taken the business. Such a good resource in so many ways, congratulations on where you've got it to and kudos for all the hard work.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Whenever I see this title I think of...
The-McLaughlin-Group-TV-show-on-PBS-ending-after-34-years-canceled-or-renewed-590x332.jpg

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Baby is all grownz up! Congrats....here's to creating even more rationalizations for acquiring new gear! The re-brand does give it broader appeal. Onward!

Sponsor

Staff online