• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pugski Is Now SkiTalk.com

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
I prefer TalkSki another Polish name.

James

Out There
Instructor
Well this is big news. It kind of makes sense. I guess it’s easier to know what it is.
The whole thing is bit like a friend telling you they’re having a sex change operation. Have to get used to a new name.

It just makes sense" refers to the decision to change names. Again, makes sense to insiders, not so much to outsiders.
I agree. Don’t know the marketing lingo, but it’s cheesy and makes no sense. If a tag line gets an eyeroll, a huh, or a yawn, it should be thrown out. This gets all of them.
Might work with a late night 800 chat number though.

BMC

Out on the slopes
Skier
Pugski Is Changing Its Name to SkiTalk

Reno, NV -- Nov. 12, 2020
: Pugski.com will now be known as SkiTalk | Powered by Pugski.com, reflecting its growth in content and branding.

Pugski was established in November 2015 with the grassroots support received from its community and readers. After five years of continued growth, it has become a broader media business centered around the ski industry, and today we are announcing a change in branding that is reflective of this. “We could not have launched the site under any other name. This announcement isn’t about doing something else; it’s about taking what we have built and making it better. It’s about using our expertise to adapt and take a step—a leap. It's about taking the next step for the ski world, for us and for you, our supporters, partners, and readers,” says site co-owner Tricia Pugliese.

Phil Pugliese adds, “What’s next for the site is a clearer depiction of who we have become, who we are today. Our research shows, and numerous consultants in the industry agree, that after five years, we’ve taken the name Pugski.com as far as we can. The site has become about so much more that the name is limiting us from being perceived accurately for all that we are.

To address this, we are announcing an evolution rather than a revolution: we are broadening our identity to SkiTalk | Powered by Pugski.com (https://SkiTalk.com). As we are already using #SkiTalk and SkiTalk with Dan Egan on social media channels, this will be a smooth and easily understood transition."

SkiTalk gives the industry an expanded channel to reach the most avid and informed buyers in the marketplace. Statistics show that consumers are more and more likely to turn to online resources rather than to print to entertain and inform themselves about equipment, soft goods, destinations, and general sport-related matters. These trends demonstrate the most important aspect of what’s next for the industry, and SkiTalk is now even better equipped to help you adapt.

"We are excited about the evolution of our business and how it will position us ahead of the trends these times present," concludes Tricia.

About SkiTalk:
SkiTalk | Powered by Pugski.com is managed under the stewardship of Phil and Tricia Pugliese, two of the most respected and read reviewers and product testers in the snowsports industry. SkiTalk evolved from Pugski.com's original tag line, "SkiTalk at a higher level." Pugski.com was founded in 2015.
Smart move, and good luck with the inevitable growth in exposure and members!!

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
For me it's like you've taken away my big valve Lotus Europa and have replaced it with a Chevy Camaro.
I know many don't know what the Lotus is but those that do know understand.

Mainstream

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
For me it's like you've taken away my big valve Lotus Europa and have replaced it with a Chevy Camaro.
I know many don't know what the Lotus is but those that do know understand.

Mainstream
Europa to a Camaro? No, we went from Pugski.com | Ski talk at a higher level to Ski Talk | Powered by Pugski.com. It is like going from an MX5 Miata to just the MX5. It's still the same great car, just a slight different name. In Ski-ese- The Black Pearl to the Black Pearl 88 or the Samba to the Black Pearl 98.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Europa to a Camaro? No, we went from Pugski.com | SkiTalk at a higher level to SkiTalk | Powered by Pugski.com. It is like going from an MX5 Miata to just the MX5. It's still the same great car, just a slight different name. In Ski-ese- The Black Pearl to the Black Pearl 88 or the Samba to the Black Pearl 98.
Or from Datsun to Nissan..

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Good change :golfclap:; congratulations:beercheer:!

Sponsor

Staff online