• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pugski Is Now SkiTalk.com

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk-SKI-TALK-Powered-by-Pugski.jpg
Pugski Is Changing Its Name to SkiTalk

Reno, NV -- Nov. 12, 2020
: Pugski.com will now be known as SkiTalk | Powered by Pugski.com, reflecting its growth in content and branding.

Pugski was established in November 2015 with the grassroots support received from its community and readers. After five years of continued growth, it has become a broader media business centered around the ski industry, and today we are announcing a change in branding that is reflective of this. “We could not have launched the site under any other name. This announcement isn’t about doing something else; it’s about taking what we have built and making it better. It’s about using our expertise to adapt and take a step—a leap. It's about taking the next step for the ski world, for us and for you, our supporters, partners, and readers,” says site co-owner Tricia Pugliese.

Phil Pugliese adds, “What’s next for the site is a clearer depiction of who we have become, who we are today. Our research shows, and numerous consultants in the industry agree, that after five years, we’ve taken the name Pugski.com as far as we can. The site has become about so much more that the name is limiting us from being perceived accurately for all that we are.

To address this, we are announcing an evolution rather than a revolution: we are broadening our identity to SkiTalk | Powered by Pugski.com (https://SkiTalk.com). As we are already using #SkiTalk and SkiTalk with Dan Egan on social media channels, this will be a smooth and easily understood transition."

SkiTalk gives the industry an expanded channel to reach the most avid and informed buyers in the marketplace. Statistics show that consumers are more and more likely to turn to online resources rather than to print to entertain and inform themselves about equipment, soft goods, destinations, and general sport-related matters. These trends demonstrate the most important aspect of what’s next for the industry, and SkiTalk is now even better equipped to help you adapt.

"We are excited about the evolution of our business and how it will position us ahead of the trends these times present," concludes Tricia.

About SkiTalk:
SkiTalk | Powered by Pugski.com is managed under the stewardship of Phil and Tricia Pugliese, two of the most respected and read reviewers and product testers in the snowsports industry. SkiTalk evolved from Pugski.com's original tag line, "SkiTalk at a higher level." Pugski.com was founded in 2015.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You can also start updated your swag....starting with a new hat!
SkiTalk-SKI-TALK-hat-Pugski.jpg

More logo wear to come. :popcorn: Stay tuned.

John O

Getting off the lift
Skier
Honestly I think it makes a ton of sense. Pugski made a lot of sense during the fallout from the epicski shutdown, but moving forward this branding is a lot more versatile and marketable. I think it’s a very reasonable change and wish you all the best.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A5FC9545-99AE-4FF6-A155-1BA1BF9042BE_1_201_a.jpeg
7C1D8BEA-D43E-48D5-87BE-46E544604D34.jpeg F7B870C6-08A9-49DB-940E-FA38A3A362B0_1_201_a.jpeg
The idea of the change actually came pretty quick to us and everything fell into place, even securing the URL. This is how we knew it was meant to be. Plus combining the timing with the anniversary...it all made sense.

Much was handed quickly behind the scenes @SBrown @Bobalooski @Mendieta (out of retirement for late inning relief), @dbostedo, @Dave Petersen for his stellar artwork, @Dwight doing the back end changes and of course @Tricia while she was dealing with her breast cancer. I also want to thank our advisory board for confirming this was indeed the next best step for the site.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well, that's a surprise. What do I do with my Pugski stickers and ski-wraps?
The change makes sense, congratulations. (But it does make me a little sad. They grow up so fast....)
We will never dismiss the Pugski.com roots, hence the SkiTalk powered by Pugski.com.

Be proud to be a founder!

Last edited:

Beach Bum

Getting off the lift
Skier
Was wondering why I had to re log in.

I like the move as I much prefer "Ski Talk" to "Pug Ski." Never knew where the name came from but now I know.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Congratulations on the change! From a marketing and growth standpoint it certainly makes sense, although it's much less distinctive. When I'd mention Pugski to the uninitiated, the typical reaction was "WTH is that?". I just hope we don't lose some of the "small town feel" that Pugski has had over it's existence.

Are we still "Pugs" or are we "Skitalkers"? Maybe we should have a contest to come up with a name-could provide hours of amusement! :ogbiggrin:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Congratulations on the change! From a marketing and growth standpoint it certainly makes sense, although it's much less distinctive. When I'd mention Pugski to the uninitiated, the typical reaction was "WTH is that?". I just hope we don't lose some of the "small town feel" that Pugski has had over it's existence.

Are we still "Pugs" or are we "Skitalkers"? Maybe we should have a contest to come up with a name-could provide hours of amusement! :ogbiggrin:
I'm still a barking beaver

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid