• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pugski Is Now SkiTalk.com

peterm

Getting off the lift
Skier
Smart move - naming matters.
The "Powered by PUGSKI.COM" tagline makes sense in the short term but should eventually be replaced by something similar to the old tagline IMO.
I'm looking forward to Google figuring out it it's not a spelling mistake, and that it shouldn't display a knowledge panel for SkeeTawk :)
Would be cool if there was a knowledge panel for SkiTalk displayed. Not sure how to make that happen - perhaps start by creating a Wikipedia entry.

1605494008688.png

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The "Powered by PUGSKI.COM" tagline makes sense in the short term but should eventually be replaced by something similar to the old tagline IMO.
I don't disagree, the Powered by PUGSKI.COM could be a transition, it could stay. Time will tell.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm looking forward to Google figuring out it it's not a spelling mistake, and that it shouldn't display a knowledge panel for SkeeTawk :)
Would be cool if there was a knowledge panel for SkiTalk displayed. Not sure how to make that happen - perhaps start by creating a Wikipedia entry.

View attachment 114945
When we lauchend 5 years ago it replaced Pugski with PigSkin. More recently it started changing public to puglick

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I always carried a #3 pozi. Not in my boot but in my pocket. Comes in handy.

1605582924687.png 1605582974673.png

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Just a thought based on the responses so far in this thread. With pugski.com being gone (so how can it power anything?), and the forumites preferring not to be called "ski talkers" (ugh), why not change the tag line to "Powered by PugSkiers"? It pays homage to the roots of the site; the founders/namesakes and those who consider themselves the original members of this community. It would probably still create the spontaneous conversations on the lifts as the original PUGSKI stickers do. Kind of like the old "what's a barking bear?", now it becomes "What's a pug skier?".

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
I received a swag shipment yesterday! New SkiTalk BB cap, polo shirt with 1/4 button neck closure, a 1/4 zip neck, and more stickers. My cup runneth over, thanks. The polo shirt is short sleeved, but will work well with a long sleeved T-shirt or mock turtle neck this winter.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I received a swag shipment yesterday! New SkiTalk BB cap, polo shirt with 1/4 button neck closure, a 1/4 zip neck, and more stickers. My cup runneth over, thanks. The polo shirt is short sleeved, but will work well with a long sleeved T-shirt or mock turtle neck this winter.
The Polo shirt is so you can bait people to talk about skiing in the summer months :D

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Three of the new swag items are available in the store.

We do have a handful of extra polo shirts for men if someone is interested, shoot us a PM.
We didn't order many Polo shirts but wanted a few short sleeve shirts to have for warm weather appearances.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Etiquette question... should you remove the PugSki stickers on your skis when adding SkiTalk stickers? Is it a faux pas to have both on there?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Etiquette question... should you remove the PugSki stickers on your skis when adding SkiTalk stickers? Is it a faux pas to have both on there?
Both are fine. This isn't a case of out with the old, in with the new, but its a case of, Pugski.com got us here, now SkiTalk will get us there.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I think you're old enough to go retro.

Sponsor

Staff online