• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pugski Strava Club

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We did another out and back at the Hole in the Wall.
Even though I'm not pushing my limits, it feels good to get my legs back under me.

IMG_1439.JPG

I'd like to thank @givethepigeye for starting this thread and @Josh Matta for starting the Strava group. It has given me a little something to focus on besides my timidity.

Last edited:

Gaby

aka Noofus
Skier
Paging @Gaby and @Luvbug (who are doing a Triathlon in Texas now). I am putting my money on them on the road portion and @Josh Matta for the mountain bike portion of this segment. Lets have 9/30/16 being the finals. The winner, most miles (can we seperate road and trail?) gets a Pugski vest, second place gets a hat.
Make the deadline 10/1... purely for selfish reasons ;)

ErikL

AKA Bro12
Skier
It's so much harder to gain distance and elevation on mountain bike!!!
Then you're riding in the wrong areas! :D Around here my average gradient skyrockets on the mtb vs. the road bike. About double, actually, just looking at the numbers right now. I usually get about equal climbing on the mtb for a ride half the distance of a good road ride. Maybe it's cheating since the Sierra is my playground, but I take what I can get.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Make the deadline 10/1... purely for selfish reasons ;)
Its all about you, huh?

When is your next big thing?

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Confession: did a short ride this afternoon just to match QCanoe in climbing... Strava is evil, makes me vie for scoreboard against folks whom I've skied with but live on the other of the coast or across the ocean!

Last edited:

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This means very little to almost all of you but Strava's network/social features are down. Putin?

Strava is awesome. Sure, like most good things it's subject to abuse but like those things it's a matter of user choice.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I totally forgot about this! I've been riding a lot this summer, double the miles of last summer, I think. Even better, my downhill times are improving a lot! This is a big deal for my big chicken pants that I wear.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I totally forgot about this! I've been riding a lot this summer, double the miles of last summer, I think. Even better, my downhill times are improving a lot! This is a big deal for my big chicken pants that I wear.
Strava is part of the payoff.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Paging @Gaby and @Luvbug (who are doing a Triathlon in Texas now). I am putting my money on them on the road portion and @Josh Matta for the mountain bike portion of this segment. Lets have 9/30/16 being the finals. The winner, most miles (can we seperate road and trail?) gets a Pugski vest, second place gets a hat.

Just joined, in time for the end of September....

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Snowbasin got more than a foot of snow out of this storm that just passed through. Yahoo! Except, it's not ski season, and it's putting the bike to bed for a week or so! Boohoo! Should season is supposed to be November, not September!

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I love Strava but mostly for my own training. On group rides I really do not care about it but the data is good to see ones efforts and progress over time. I use it on my road bike with the Stages power meter. Love it.

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sent an functionality enhancement to Strava few days ago. Told them I would love to be able to track my total verticals on all human powered activities like cycling, BC skiing, and hiking.

I would be closer to meeting the May Everest challenge if I can combine different outdoor activities.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
You're fairly terrifying.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just found this thread and joined! Maybe it will get me back on my bike. I've been very lazy the past few years. Thinking about riding Mammoth Gran Fondo this year, and maybe King Ridge (which I rode every year for 5 years and then abruptly stopped).

Sponsor