• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pups enjoying the snow thread

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ll start. My wife’s 100 pound 9 month-old Golden Retriever let me bury him in snow today (Christmas Eve).

531EFA59-4927-4E77-BFC2-D6169CFD466A.jpeg

And a perk is the snow wears him out!
F4788626-ECBD-417E-80B3-1E19DAC690D1.jpg

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Looks like Zuko is coming around.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Did you see my butter thread?
Gypsy has decided that stealing butter off the counter is her new thing.
Sup with that?
Get a cat. Then they can work together and Gypsy doesn't get in trouble for being on the counter. :)

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Get a cat. Then they can work together and Gypsy doesn't get in trouble for being on the counter. :)
Her adoption papers specifically said, "needs to be adopted into a home that doesn't have cats."
:D

Dakine

Far Out
Inactive
My Mute grew up around cats and they played well together.
Sometimes, when she was planning something sneaky, I would blame the cats for teaching her cat tricks.
She didn't mess with butter but she did snag a 10 pound prime rib off the counter once when my wife turned her back.
Damn dog played nice for hour to get next to that roast.
ET and Pets in TC.jpg

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
We had 2' of fresh snow, right up to the edge of the porch. The miniature poodle ran off the porch and...plop...into the deep snow. He had to swim out of it.

The neighbor's Boston Terrier loved the snow...I lost the picture of her, on her side, flat head extended, paddling around in a circle in 2" of fresh.

The cat, for some reason, walked out through the 2" of fresh on the deck. The snow stopped but stayed in place. For the rest of the week the cat walked in the same foot prints he made the first trip out.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
I thought I'd posted this picture of our dogs playing in snow in NV, on other side of highway from Heavenly's Boulder base, but seeing that it's from March 2016 it must have been on other sites. Sadly our Beagle, Cookie, is no longer with us as she had heart problems and we ended her suffering this Fall. Our White German Shepherd, Leche, has been with us for almost 6 years. My wife got her as a rescue when I was on a long ski trip in March 2015.
2001CookieLecheInSnowACR.jpg

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Norman, our Chessie / Shepherd mix,

1228062037.jpg

raised Rocky the cat.

1228062037a.jpg

Had a bag of Halloween pumpkin candies on the counter (they tasted awful but LOTS of sugar), and the bag kept getting lower; figured the wife was was eating them (she thought the same about me). The cat was pulling them out of the bag knocking them on the floor and feeding them to Norman. Caught them at it one evening, we left well enough alone; if they were smart enough to figure that out best leave well enough alone.
It is good to have friends in high places.

Sponsor