• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Question about stones.

Eric@ict

Out on the slopes
Skier
Buying new stones and found a company that has stones and replacement paper for when the diamonds are worn out. TBH, I hadnt even thought to look at the construction of a stone but many look like they are manufactured the same but there is no option to replace the grit. The company is a US Ski and Snowboard team supplier or so they say. I currently have the Racewax diamond stones and have no experience with other brands, Here is the link and looking forward to your opinions.

Hone Stones

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Excellent stones and have also used their smaller Preco stones too as they are perfect for travelling or in a ski jacket. Canadian company so be sure to select the US dollar under settings if you’re looking from the States.

gwat

Putting on skis
Skier
I have been very happy with my sidecut stones. They also offer replacement diamond sheets. Sidecut plates are machined aluminum (those Hone stones appear to be plastic?)

TS
Eric@ict

Eric@ict

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have been very happy with my sidecut stones. They also offer replacement diamond sheets. Sidecut plates are machined aluminum (those Hone stones appear to be plastic?)
Thanks for the link.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
those Hone stones appear to be plastic?
The Hone and Puck stone lines from Tools4Boards are on an aluminum backing.
The shorter Precor and the Puck PC (which fit the Orb) are on a plastic "polycarbonate" backer.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I have had the diamond stones from Tools4Boards, DMT, Swix & Moonflex.
Never warmed up to to the the ones from Tools4boards. The hanging hole part bothered me greatly. Cut the extra tab off on one and still didn't like the feel. I believe the stone was narrower. Gave them all away.

In terms of backing substrate, I like the softer feel of the plastic backing on the Moonflex over the aluminum plate of the Swix & Tools4boards. To me, it's all about "feelt". YMMV.

Sponsor

Staff online