• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Questions regarding the Mantac and Swix Scraper Sharpener

TooNice

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Seeing that I am waxing nearly daily at this time of the year, I have decided to get one of those electric scraper sharpener ($200 for a plastic sharpener sounded insane, but when I think of the time I would have saved by now if I had one of those..).

I have a few questions that I am hoping owners of those device could kindly answer.

Questions regarding the Mantac:

1. Can anyone please check if the adapter that comes with the device is rated for 110V-240V or 100V-240V? The fact that it supports 240V is a huge plus as it means I can use it in Europe, Australia and NZ if I choose to go there, but my primary location is Japan and things operate on 100V over here. 110V device normally work fine too but I would consider it a plus if the adapter does support 100V too.

2. How does the Mantac deal with the debris?

Question regarding the Swix:

1. In contrast to the Mantac, the Swix has a 110V and 220V model. The 110V is being sold in Japan, so I assume that they know it will work fine with 100V which is nice.. but having to buy another sharpener for regions that operate on 220-240V is a big downer. Is the adapter for the Swix external too, and does it look like you could just get another adapter for it, or is everything soldered in or use some proprietary plugs?

2. Likewise, how does the Swix deal with the debris?

Thanks!

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
Questions regarding the Mantac:

1. Can anyone please check if the adapter that comes with the device is rated for 110V-240V or 100V-240V? The fact that it supports 240V is a huge plus as it means I can use it in Europe, Australia and NZ if I choose to go there, but my primary location is Japan and things operate on 100V over here. 110V device normally work fine too but I would consider it a plus if the adapter does support 100V too.

2. How does the Mantac deal with the debris?
I have a Mantac. I'm pretty sure it's 110 V.

1682975183778.png

Since it's a US-made product, I'd also assume 110/240.

Scraper cuttings go out a port on the bottom of the unit. After a few passes, it will get filled up/clogged, so you need to clear it out, which is easy to do.

Last edited:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The transformer label of the unit I have specified 110/240 input voltage. The one I have was supplied with a standard Nema 15-15P x C5 (Mickey Mouse) cord. Most likely you can source a similar cord that will fit the power receptacles of the European location where you intend to use the unit. Should be a direct replacement for the cord supplied with the USA units.

Sponsor

Staff online