• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Quiver swap- Evolv 100 for ?

ZionPow

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I got a QST 106 for resort trees and pow after touring on the QST 98 last year. I suspect it will be a very good tree ski for snowbasin. For a soft snow tree ski at other UT resorts the qst blank would be the pick in a 194.
My planned quiver for Snowbasin this season is Salomon Stance 90 for groomer days, Enforcer 100 for every day driver, QST 106 for new snow and uphill/backcountry days (Shift bindings) and QST Blanks for big days and Targhee trip. Looking to get the QST 98 to replace the Enforcers for next season.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Another ski that I found fun in the trees and deeper snow at Big Sky was the Renoun Citadel. It's very light but damp, quick but with good edge grip. Just another to look at!

TS
M

MNskier

Booting up
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Another ski that I found fun in the trees and deeper snow at Big Sky was the Renoun Citadel. It's very light but damp, quick but with good edge grip. Just another to look at!
You're supposed to help me narrow it down! :D

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Drahtguy Kevin is our "big guy" ski tester. Perhaps he has something in mind?

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You're probably right. Sometimes I just like to be a bit contrarian and do things different. But that seems to be the reference for a do anything, powerful 100mm ski. Certainly the sales volume should make finding a used pair to try fairly easy.

They -- Enforcer 100s -- are a Swiss Army Knife Ski.

That said, they have a pretty lazy initial pull into a groomed turn, but you can't always have your cake and eat it, too.

After 4 or 5 seasons, I decided to try something different, and grabbed a pair of Blossom 98s. We'll see where the tradeoffs are. :ogbiggrin:

TS
M

MNskier

Booting up
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
They -- Enforcer 100s -- are a Swiss Army Knife Ski.

That said, they have a pretty lazy initial pull into a groomed turn, but you can't always have your cake and eat it, too.

After 4 or 5 seasons, I decided to try something different, and grabbed a pair of Blossom 98s. We'll see where the tradeoffs are. :ogbiggrin:
Yeah, I do like shovels that pull you in, but compromises must be made.

The Retired Skier

Putting on skis
Skier
I am just an intermediate skier but I absolutely hated going into trees until I got myself a pair of Nordica Enforcer 104 Free skis. Yes, they are a bit heavy, but they are easy to turn, easy to slash around to dump speed and are crazy stable at pretty much any speed I can make them go. Soft snow or hard, no problem!

I also have a pair of Rossignol Sender 94 Ti skis. You wouldn't think it, due to the flatter tails, but they are even easier to ski in the tightest of trees, as they are extremely maneuverable and so easy to turn. These skis also don't seem to have a speed limit and they absolutely RIP groomers. Again, soft snow or hard, chop, crud, powder, ice .... they do it all.

I weigh a tiny bit more than you and I can lean on either ski with all my might and they do not protest, just roll on through.

Sponsor

Staff online