• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

R. I. P. Thread

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Rest in Peace .... Ya jackass.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
O.J. Simpson

No question, one of the most polarizing people in sports/entertainement.

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
O.J. Simpson

No question, one of the most polarizing people in sports/entertainement.
Should this go in the RIH thread?

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Will never forget day of OJ verdict in 1995. I was in a cordial, professional office with approximately 5 blacks and 10 whites. When it was announced "not guilty" there was something like elation from one side and despondency from the other. A wall went up between us for the rest of the day. Sad.
Obviously something bigger was at play than one trial. Looking back, and even though I was middle aged, I guess I was a naive white boy. It was a sobering reality check for me that racial equality and equal opportunity still had/has a long way to go in America.

TS
Uncle-A

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Sorry I missed it back in March but singer Eric Carmen passed away. He was the one who told us about "Hungry Eyes" and several other good songs.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
For all his excesses, Betts outlived every Allman Bros founding member except drummer Jaimoe.

Listening to ABB painting house today.

Last edited:

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Will never forget day of OJ verdict in 1995. I was in a cordial, professional office with approximately 5 blacks and 10 whites. When it was announced "not guilty" there was something like elation from one side and despondency from the other. A wall went up between us for the rest of the day. Sad.
Obviously something bigger was at play than one trial. Looking back, and even though I was middle aged, I guess I was a naive white boy. It was a sobering reality check for me that racial equality and equal opportunity still had/has a long way to go in America.
I was teaching a suburban St. Louis high school art class when this trial ended. About a third of my students were blacks who were bussed in from the inner city. I had the radio on loud so we could all hear when the verdict was announced. When they said Not Guilty, a big cheer went up in my room. That caught me by surprise.

I asked my students why they cheered. Did they think he was innocent? Nope, it was because finally a guilty black guy got off. Given the context of history, their cheer made sense to me.