• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Rab Mythic G Jacket liner and passive EM interference

charlier

Fresh Tracks
Skier
Heads up. A friend asked me about the Rab Mythic G jacket with 1000 fill-weight for ski touring. Unfortunately, the jacket has a TILT liner is made out of Al or Ti that diminishes radiant heat loss. The thin metal liner acts as a faraday shield for avalanche transceivers. I s/w the Rab rep and he confirmed my concerns. I suggested an Outdoor Research or Arc’teryx down jacket.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Heads up. A friend asked me about the Rab Mythic G jacket with 1000 fill-weight for ski touring. Unfortunately, the jacket has a TILT liner is made out of Al or Ti that diminishes radiant heat loss. The thin metal liner acts as a faraday shield for avalanche transceivers. I s/w the Rab rep and he confirmed my concerns. I suggested an Outdoor Research or Arc’teryx down jacket.

I think we should check those internally reflective Columbia coats too.

#tistheseasonforbeaconpractice

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
I doubt anyone is making a liner out of Ti. I always wondered about the Columbia turkey bags.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh, good point! I had not thought of that. And ironically, lots of back country / climbing articles and people are suggesting that jacket!

TS
charlier

charlier

Fresh Tracks
Skier

Sponsor

Staff online