• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Racewax.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I like the looks and price of the Racewax digital iron. However, I'm not sure what the dimpled and grooved bottom does? My current iron is flat.

I like the dimples with super-hard waxes (like CH5 or harder) - helps spread the initial lay-down into a thin film quicker.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I like the looks and price of the Racewax digital iron. However, I'm not sure what the dimpled and grooved bottom does? My current iron is flat.
reduces suction.

RaceWax.com

Putting on skis
Skier
I have 6 Toko drawstring tote bags. If you request one in a memo/note at checkout, I'll toss one in for you. The request has to be embedded in a note at checkout, otherwise my staff could ship it before I have a chance to intercept it. Enjoy.

RaceWax.com

Putting on skis
Skier
We are a few days away from listing 3 new product lines built around our new fixed angle file guides; there will be 2 versions, hard aluminum, or hard aluminum with a steel base contact plate. We plan to sell the guides 3 ways, individually, in a new Pro Edge kit (guides & everything else for edges in a sleek case), as well as a Pro Tune kit (all the edge kit items + a digital iron, wax, base repair, etc. in a deluxe tools bag).

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
We are a few days away from listing 3 new product lines built around our new fixed angle file guides; there will be 2 versions, hard aluminum, or hard aluminum with a steel base contact plate. We plan to sell the guides 3 ways, individually, in a new Pro Edge kit (guides & everything else for edges in a sleek case), as well as a Pro Tune kit (all the edge kit items + a digital iron, wax, base repair, etc. in a deluxe tools bag).
I just purchased SVST guides. hmm, I could be tempted though.

RaceWax.com

Putting on skis
Skier
I'll try and get some pictures up tomorrow night. Will be priced just under $20 each for regular, & just over $20 for the steel version, before discount. A full set of 3 will be under $20 each. Pretty colors too! ogsmile

psygars

Booting up
Skier
I have a couple of yours and they’re great/reasonably priced. Any chance you’ll have a 7-degree?

RaceWax.com

Putting on skis
Skier
Here are pictures of our new file guides and the kits built around them:
All3GuidesSteel.jpg

The hard aluminum guides above have stainless steel contact plates. We also have the same guides without.

The kit below is the RaceWax Pro Edge kit (there is a steel & non-steel version:

fb7180_20lbl.jpg

The kit below is the RaceWax Pro Tune:

mr9505_20lbl.jpg

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Looks like a nice Christmas present for a beginning tuner. I wish I could think of one I wanted to spend that much money on (didn't look at the price, but I'm sure it's not pocket change.)

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Great prices on the edge guides.

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Any more discount code? Want to buy a few things before season ends.

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Contact Marc directly and tell him you're a member here, he's a good guy, might give you some kind of deal.

snwbrdr

Out on the slopes
Skier
...running low on warm temp wax, their old house wax (down to a little knub of the red warm wax, after the last hot-scrape)

ordered the shop blocks of the Swix UR10-18 warm temp wax and some UR8-18 Mid Temp (to eventually replace their house brand all-temp wax block I still have left)

Last edited:

wiread

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
anybody get their pro tune ski wax kit? Seems to have everything I'd need and more to get started :) I priced some stuff just separately, guides, stones, vises etc and it was just over 300 anyway. Trade off is a clamp and gumy with only 1 diamond stone vs buying a set of 3 diamond stones and forgoing some other things.

snwbrdr

Out on the slopes
Skier
IMG_3154.jpg

yes, I write down information on the bulk wax blocks on the container, most importantly, the melting temperature for my iron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online