• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Raised bump on ski base

kman568

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Thanks all for the replies! The shop is a larger retailer so I am not surprised they are pushing back on the warranty -- still not great, but kind of expected when shopping for a deal. My main goal here was to figure out what caused the issue so I could learn from it, and I definitely got the info I needed. I was using a colder wax and had my iron at the recommended temp for the wax, but must have slowed down over that spot or something.

On the bright side, I did reach out to Rossignol since they are rossi skis, and they are going to swap the skis out for me.
I see the orange sidewall in your photos. Are they Experience 88Ti? I have those skis and I had the exact same bump issue after waxing them recently.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The shop is a larger retailer so I am not surprised they are pushing back on the warranty --
It is not the shops decision on warranty, it is the manufacturer.

slow-line-fast

Out on the slopes
Inactive
I did that once, long ago, waxing. I presume the iron was too hot / held in place too long. The bump looked exactly like that. I probably filed it down or something, don’t recall. No further complications that I can recall, though from that point on the ski had a pre-existing condition

wnyskier

Out on the slopes
Skier
I see the orange sidewall in your photos. Are they Experience 88Ti? I have those skis and I had the exact same bump issue after waxing them recently.
Same ski, same issue - happened first time waxing them with very soft prep wax at low temp. Rossi was very accommodating, stood behind the product and replaced the skis. No problem with the replacement pair.

Sponsor

Staff online