• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Nancy Hummel

Ski more, talk less.
Instructor
SkiTalk Supporter
Can anyone tell me the ramp angle of the Tyrolia binding system that was sold with the LX 82's?

I also have Marker Griffons and Squires on other skis and would like to know the ramp angle of these bindings.

Where do you find this information. I have searched the manufacturer sites and can't seem to locate this info.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I would also love to see this stuff documented.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That is one of my "To do" list projects is to document all the bindings toe and heel heights. Remember then, ramp will change according to BSL.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
That is one of my "To do" list projects is to document all the bindings toe and heel heights. Remember then, ramp will change according to BSL.

just give people the difference in MM. Its easy enough to shim most non system binding to match something you like.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
just give people the difference in MM. Its easy enough to shim most non system binding to match something you like.
It will have toe height/heel height/difference. Some might want the heights and it is no extra work.

Now, if someone can build a little program that if you plug in the toe and heel heights along with a BSL and it gives you the ramp angle...there will be a nice package coming your way with a big "Atta-boy/girl!" :hug:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I can do that if you give me the data (sounds like @cantunamunch can too!) ... mine probably wouldn't have much of a gui but a web interface of the extremely remedial kind. We hates coding UI, we hates it!

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I can tell you that the Head Peak 12's from a few years ago are at least 8mm different and that adding a 5mm lifter plate to the front made things quite a bit more enjoyable today. :0

To @Nancy Hummel, I have the Kastle LX82 but with the earlier binding but the ramp angle is pretty minimal. I think we measured the heel being only about 2mm higher than the toe.

Chris Geib

cgeib
Skier
It will have toe height/heel height/difference. Some might want the heights and it is no extra work.

Now, if someone can build a little program that if you plug in the toe and heel heights along with a BSL and it gives you the ramp angle...there will be a nice package coming your way with a big "Atta-boy/girl!" :hug:

Ya gonna measure how far in from each end of the boots the contact points are?

Chris Geib

cgeib
Skier
Understood, but if trying to calculate the delta angle created by the particular binding, you would want it specific for that binding...

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It is about 45mm in the toe and 50mm on the heel which is pretty my fixed. So a 295 contact points will be 200mm, a 325mm shell, 230mm

TS
Nancy Hummel

Nancy Hummel

Ski more, talk less.
Instructor
SkiTalk Supporter
Is there a way I can experiment with different ramp angles-shims or something to see if it makes a difference?

Chris Geib

cgeib
Skier
Hi Nancy,

For a temporary experiment you can cut some pieces of bontex and put them on the AFD under your boot to get about 3mm toe lift to experiment.

I'm not familiar with that binding, if toe piece is separate from the heel piece you can get longer screws and put shim material under the binding to reduce delta angle. I use ultra high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMW PE) for shim material and get screws & glue from @SlideWright

It makes a difference! Might even be a difference you need, it is for me...

TS
Nancy Hummel

Nancy Hummel

Ski more, talk less.
Instructor
SkiTalk Supporter
Hi Nancy,

For a temporary experiment you can cut some pieces of bontex and put them on the AFD under your boot to get about 3mm toe lift to experiment.

I'm not familiar with that binding, if toe piece is separate from the heel piece you can get longer screws and put shim material under the binding to reduce delta angle. I use ultra high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMW PE) for shim material and get screws & glue from @SlideWright

It makes a difference! Might even be a difference you need, it is for me...

Thanks, Chris. I do not think you can put a shim under that binding. If it makes a difference, I will get a different binding.

Chris Geib

cgeib
Skier
Can anyone tell me the ramp angle of the Tyrolia binding system that was sold with the LX 82's?

I also have Marker Griffons and Squires on other skis and would like to know the ramp angle of these bindings.

Where do you find this information. I have searched the manufacturer sites and can't seem to locate this info.

Did you get answers to these questions?

You can measure and compare these pretty easily yourself. Just put your boot in the binding and measure from the bottom of the ski to the bottom of boot at the contact point under your toe and at the contact point under your heel and find the difference between the two to determine how many millimeters difference. Then you can compare the difference between the bindings. Toe lower than heel = positive delta, toe higher than heel=negative delta.

TS
Nancy Hummel

Nancy Hummel

Ski more, talk less.
Instructor
SkiTalk Supporter
Did you get answers to these questions?

You can measure and compare these pretty easily yourself. Just put your boot in the binding and measure from the bottom of the ski to the bottom of boot at the contact point under your toe and at the contact point under your heel and find the difference between the two to determine how many millimeters difference. Then you can compare the difference between the bindings. Toe lower than heel = positive delta, toe higher than heel=negative delta.

Thanks again!

Sponsor

Staff online