• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Random cool things you see on the ski trail

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Rime build up on trees at the top of the Outback chair at Bachelor. Kind of 1/2 a snow ghost, the full snow ghosts are at the top of Northwest chair. View attachment 128160
A picture of @Andy Mink taking a picture at Bachelor a few weeks ago.

B7EE2327-F5D9-4C50-8FA0-79689A97F065.JPG

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
View attachment 128169

Porcupine atop Snowdon Mtn. at Killington. Probably on Chute or Bunny Buster, can't recall.

The best part is the guy who told me authoritatively that it was a beaver. Me: "But there's no water around here." Guy: "It's definitely a beaver."
I didn't see it in person and I can tell its not a beaver. If nothing else, the tail is a give-away.
nature-beaver.jpg

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
I didn't see it in person and I can tell its not a beaver. If nothing else, the tail is a give-away.

Right?

And this was at the top of a mountain! I assure you there were no beaver ponds up there! Perhaps there are on some mountains, but not up here. The final piece of evidence was all the bark chewed off the nearby trees.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Right?

And this was at the top of a mountain! I assure you there were no beaver ponds up there! Perhaps there are on some mountains, but not up here. The final piece of evidence was all the bark chewed off the nearby trees.

I saw a porcupine for the first time this past summer and didn't mistake it for a bever even though it was near a river. It actually was on a cart path and we had a standoff. I had wiped out on my bike 20 minutes before and just wanted to finish the ride. I threw a rock near it and it climbed a tree.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I never get tired of this view.
46A5714A-1DCB-4532-902B-DB4FA5841061.JPG

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
OK, not the ski trail but the hiking trail and I did ski this morning sooooo....
20210318_155214.jpg
20210318_155127.jpg

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Not technically on the ski trail but on the way home from the ski trail.
20210407_103515.jpg

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
UFO landing on the Horstman Glacier. Surprisingly no one paid much attention -- must have had some sort of cloaking device.

Horstman-SkiTalk.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online