• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is interesting. Chef Jacques Pepin was a ski instructor. His future wife was on patrol. This must have been early 70’s?

Such a cool find!

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
This is still one of, if not the most creative ski vids of all time. RIP JP.

The entirety of All I Can is my absolute favorite video. Dave and crew are amazing.

James

Out There
Instructor
Not exactly a ski video, but a ski area video. Whistler Peak to Peak Gondola construction. This thread needs reviving.

skifishbum

Getting off the lift
Skier
been a satch skibums since the 90's after a baked dozen or so seasons @sillytudes
my friend says i gots a job 4 you
guess its been 13 now
i dont know that ill retire
them silver passes aint cheap and 4 hours a week aint much
i like it when i can bring powder reports to the peoples
but somedays i just crunch n send base depth numbers
then go free skiings

fatport

Getting off the lift
Skier
This is a video of the early skiing days of Aspen. It made me appreciate how far equipment has come, especially watching people eat it with non-release bindings. It's a little long, but definitely worth it.

James

Out There
Instructor
Google translate:
>Toni Sailer as "Michael Kirchner" escapes the law enforcement officers. You go over the roofs of huts, you jump over streams, the single chairlift is also included: you jump up and hold on to the chair, let yourself be transported for a while and then continue. To crown it all, Toni Sailer grabs a chic turquoise-green car as a draft horse, with his ski poles attached to the back he escapes his pursuers by skijoring.
Beautiful ski scenes in a dreamy winter landscape.<

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Google translate:
>Toni Sailer as "Michael Kirchner" escapes the law enforcement officers. You go over the roofs of huts, you jump over streams, the single chairlift is also included: you jump up and hold on to the chair, let yourself be transported for a while and then continue. To crown it all, Toni Sailer grabs a chic turquoise-green car as a draft horse, with his ski poles attached to the back he escapes his pursuers by skijoring.
Beautiful ski scenes in a dreamy winter landscape.<
Neat! Shades of Candide's "One of Those Days".

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier

Captured these two below POV GoPro8 videos Thursday February 3 at Heavenly. The first above at 12:04 pm over 7 minutes 8 seconds, is a non-stop groomed cruiser from the top of Olympic Express lift at 9440 feet that routes down Cloud 9 to the Crossover Road junction then down across Olympic Downhill to the base of Olympic Express lift at the start of North Bowl at 8600 feet. Then downhill to the gully base at 8050 that near the bottom slowed up shortening turns as a faster snowboarder passed. Last minute is the low gradient creek ravine bottom to North Bowl Express base. Most turns are relaxed dynamic direct fall line medium radius, stepping on centered ski edges.

The second above at 12:54 pm over 3 minutes 47 seconds, is on the skier's right side bump line of Little Dipper below the Comet Express quad lift. Skier's left side had been winch cat groomed which bump skiers are now protesting over that I skied after Stop 2 to the bottom. A hazy cloud above provided a bit flat light recording this video. First two sections show how it is possible at lower speeds to dynamically flow smoothly in a direct relaxed fall line through these recreational bumps.

Sponsor

Staff online