• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Random Stuff

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 6.00.03 AM.png

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
View attachment 117105
Interesting ... I wonder whose collection or pic they used for that. There's some old stuff in there. That site also has another one:

1607442104290.png

As well as one of ski posters, and one of ski stamps.

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier

Posaune

sliding
Skier
So, how are the elements like Hydrogen, Helium, Oxygen, Nitrogen, etc. "hand placed in its square..."? Hand placing a gas is a bit tricky I would think. I suppose you could freeze it until it turned solid, but that would be a bit tricky to hand place.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I was driving today at the Jersey shore and guy passes me with a surf board on the top of his SUV. I didn't think it was out of place because I know a lot of the surfers go out all year long in wet suits. What surprised me the most was the SUV had Vermont plates on it. It struck me funny that I would like to have been skiing in Vermont and he was in NJ surfing when he could have been snow boarding or skiing in Vermont. It just seemed odd, a little funny and a little sad.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
So, how are the elements like Hydrogen, Helium, Oxygen, Nitrogen, etc. "hand placed in its square..."? Hand placing a gas is a bit tricky I would think. I suppose you could freeze it until it turned solid, but that would be a bit tricky to hand place.

If you look at the video I linked to, you can see a clear, sealed round flask labeled 'nitrogen'. So the answer is trivial from that aspect.

Your question is not trivial from the aspect of durability, particularly in the case of hydrogen. Notice that they have escape problems with other enclosed materials and specifically mention bromine in that regard.

Uncle-A

Skier
A friend sent me a magazine that I have not seen before. Has anyone heard of "Snow" Magazine Published by Barbara Sanders?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
A friend sent me a magazine that I have not seen before. Has anyone heard of "Snow" Magazine Published by Barbara Sanders?

The Aspen lifestyle thing? Someone posted about it a long while back. I have seen a print copy but honestly can't remember where (which shop) it was.

Uncle-A

Skier
The Aspen lifestyle thing? Someone posted about it a long while back. I have seen a print copy but honestly can't remember where (which shop) it was.
Yes, it has a lot of Aspen locations but it also has some Park City shops. It is geared to a very high end life style.

Sponsor

Staff online