• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Random Stuff

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Happy National Tequila Day
EBC937D2-F0F5-4B24-B157-BDA98DFEE47B.jpeg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
R.I.P. Bill Russell
Our members in the New England area will probably know the name. Those that don't, should look him up to see who he is and what a great athlete he was.

Uncle-A

Skier
Have you ever been charged more for paying cash?
Today I went to a sub shop to pickup a sandwich for lunch, it is the first time I used this sub shop and it came well recommended. So when it came time to pay my bill the guy behind the counter told me how much I owed, I handed him $20.00 bill and he said if you are paying cash it will be this much. But instead of being less money which it usually is when paying cash, it was about $0.30 higher. That was the first time I was ever charged more for paying cash, and it took me by surprise. I paid it with out question but I was surprised. So have you ever been charged more for paying cash?

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Today I went to a sub shop to pickup a sandwich for lunch, it is the first time I used this sub shop and it came well recommended. So when it came time to pay my bill the guy behind the counter told me how much I owed, I handed him $20.00 bill and he said if you are paying cash it will be this much. But instead of being less money which it usually is when paying cash, it was about $0.30 higher. That was the first time I was ever charged more for paying cash, and it took me by surprise. I paid it with out question but I was surprised. So have you ever been charged more for paying cash?
That should be illegal.

Pajarito-bred

Getting off the lift
Skier
Don’t know, but I’m figuring it was toothpick fodder.
Probably looked something like this:
(on Grand Mesa, Western Colorado, August 2016)
There were long strips of bark scattered in the lower branches, and the top third of the tree was laying nearby. While there were some toothpick-sized splinters, up to and including several 4" x 4" x 4 ft mega-splinters blasted about 75 feet away. This particular bolt must have been a very powerful one to heat the moisture and sap enough to blow it apart.
There are phone apps that use video to recognize and save the frames with the lighting strikes, most strikes consist of a series of flashes. Not such a great idea to be standing outside in a storm with a phone though.

1660079914722.jpeg

1660079059773.jpeg

1660078937428.jpeg

Joby Graham

Getting off the lift
Skier
Given that the ability to do simple addition and subtraction in one's head and making change is fast becoming a lost art, did the clerk round up to come up with a price he could compute? I'll admit to a perverse pleasure in giving clerks more bills and change than the indicated purchase price in order to get back an even amount of money - then seeing who can figure it out.

Uncle-A

Skier
Given that the ability to do simple addition and subtraction in one's head and making change is fast becoming a lost art, did the clerk round up to come up with a price he could compute? I'll admit to a perverse pleasure in giving clerks more bills and change than the indicated purchase price in order to get back an even amount of money - then seeing who can figure it out.
Not sure what he did but he didn't hesitate, it was said very quickly. I also like to get even amounts of change back,but usually only add coins to get back even amounts. When at a small store I occasionally will add bills so they don't have to use up a lot of singles. Small stores are for some reason are always low on singles. My favorite example is when my bill is $6:00 instead of giving a ten dollar bill and getting fourth singles back I might give them eleven dollars and get a five dollar bill back. Most times the cashier is very happy not to use up their singles.

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Happy World Beard Day...
Screen Shot 2022-09-03 at 7.11.45 AM.png

Uncle-A

Skier
Lindsey Vonn's mother Linda Krohn passed away 26 August 2022 from complications due to ALS.

Sponsor

Staff online