• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Random Stuff

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
With the storms we've been having, they are seeking shelter wherever possible.More on the way. Hold on California.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
29 March is Vietnam Veterans Day.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I love the warning: "Highly radioactive elements are excluded to prioritize your safety during handling or storing."

Well I sure hope so.

Rip off!

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You mean they stole that phrase from somewhere? Or you wish they had included the radioactive elements and you're getting ripped off that they didn't?
I want to buy one, but without all of the elements, it is a rip-off. (forgot the smiley) :ogbiggrin: ;)

Uncle-A

Skier
Just a PSA - I was on Facebook and some guy in the "Vintage Ski Trader" group posted a couple of dozen vintage skis for sale. If any of you vintage ski people are interested.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Try not to look it up...

1682470588870.png

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Santa Fe being numero uno of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
IMG_4576.jpeg

Uncle-A

Skier
With all the snow they had out west and now the melting, has there been any flooding?

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Random fun car/speeder sighting: On the afternoon of June 15, 2023, somewhere eastbound in western Indiana on I-64 between St. Louis and Evansville I saw a motor vehicle pass me at a speed that I had never seen before on any highway. Photo below is not the spot, but pretty close, same kind of fairly flat terrain and low traffic volume.
20230616_132939.jpg

Believe the car was a late model Dodge Charger, gray, similar to the ones in the photos below that I plucked off the internet. I estimate the vehicle was doing between 115 and 125 MPH. I was going around 75-80 MPH and he blew by me like I was standing still. I had about 3/4 of mile of open road in front of me to watch him disappear over the horizon. He was gone quickly from sight.
charger too.jpg
charger front.jpg

He went by so fast my wife who was relaxing in the passenger seat didn't get much of a look at him. I started blabbering over the next few minutes about the speeding car I had just seen. And then a police car with lights and siren blaring came upon me going about 100 MPH. He was a good four or five minutes behind the speeder. I laughed and said to my wife, "no way he is going to catch that car." The thought also crossed my mind that I had witnessed more than a speeder, perhaps a getaway vehicle?

Last edited:

Sponsor