• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Random Stuff

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
A New Documentary Shows Warren Miller’s Darker Side
The legendary filmmaker pioneered the stoke film and helped create skiing’s counterculture, but ‘Ski Bum’ on Discovery+ shows how his life behind the scenes was anything but easy
Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 10.38.40 AM.png

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Excerpts from The Best Mogul Skis

K2 Press Skis 2020

• Pros:
    • These skis are very versatile
    • You can use them for both skiing and snowboarding

They are just the right amount of flexible, making it very easy to handle them. Making it one of the best backcountry skis.

Rossignol Experience 80 CI Skis

Pros:
  • The wide AT Touring Rocker will help you to get into and out of the lift in a hassle free manner
  • It’s the only AT binding compatible with the Xpress System which mean you’re still getting a snowboard binding without the way too common headaches
When the Rossignol Experience 80C is on your feet, you’ll be looking at a snowboard that’s easy to maneuver and will make sticking to AT snowboarding feel like second nature.

These skis may not be good if you like to snowboard in the park
as the rocker tip could potentially get in the way.

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier

James

Out There
Instructor
This is fun to watch. Partly because he’s so into it. Alex Honnold looks at some Hollywood climbing sequences.
The Eiger Sanction gets good marks.

This year’s version. “...If I thought I was going to fall off a cliff I’d find that very scary. The key is to make sure you don’t fall off...”

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Just to remind everyone. Raindrops are NOT aerodynamic. Teardrops look like that because they're sticking to a non-water surface. Raindrops look like hamburger buns. Until they break up.

<- is sick and tired of listening to people who want to make 'aero' things look like teardrops.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
Excerpts from The Best Mogul Skis

K2 Press Skis 2020
  • Pros:
    • These skis are very versatile
    • You can use them for both skiing and snowboarding

• They are just the right amount of flexible, making it very easy to handle them. Making it one of the best backcountry skis.

Rossignol Experience 80 CI Skis

Pros:
  • The wide AT Touring Rocker will help you to get into and out of the lift in a hassle free manner
  • It’s the only AT binding compatible with the Xpress System which mean you’re still getting a snowboard binding without the way too common headaches
When the Rossignol Experience 80C is on your feet, you’ll be looking at a snowboard that’s easy to maneuver and will make sticking to AT snowboarding feel like second nature.

These skis may not be good if you like to snowboard in the park as the rocker tip could potentially get in the way.
OMG.

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 11.31.22 AM.png

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Moon rises the past few nights have been amazing the past few nights: full moon, heat, a little smoke.

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Pedestrians trigger spontaneous dance party in New York just by standing in the right spot
Itching to bring some impromptu fun to the streets as coronavirus restrictions have lifted, performance group Improv Everywhere kicked off its first project since the pandemic by placing a yellow decal on the pavement at Grand Army Plaza in Manhattan, reading, “Stand here for dance party.”

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Interesting ... I wonder whose collection or pic they used for that. There's some old stuff in there. That site also has another one:

View attachment 117112

As well as one of ski posters, and one of ski stamps.

Arapahoe Basin with the Keystone logo --I remember that!

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier