• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

RealSkiers.com

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I talked a little to Jackson about it too, I don't think the Enforcer they skied at Rose was up to snuff.

@WadeHoliday mentioned "bias". I have to agree that there are biases, everyone has them whether they are conscious to subconscious, and that is not bad thing. I am working on a thread on this topic.

its disingenuous to say you don't have preferences. All skiers have preferences for specific traits that are found in each ski manufacturing. I like the traits in kastles & Nordi's but that doesn't mean I wont or don't appreciate another manufacturers ski's. You can relate to what a good ski regardless.

WadeHoliday

Out on the slopes
SkiTalk Tester
Mornin' Ron!
When I said, "Nordica's tend to come w/ very sharp skis", I meant to the demo days, and all their skis. If you put a race type edge on a ski like the enforcer, it will feel more demanding in soft snow. As much as ski design and makeup are important, imo the point of contact (tune) can be a determining factor. My favorite topic in many ways, "point of contact", in tennis; stringing most important, bikes; tires/seat/pedals, snow car; tires, all the expensive stuff that supports those things is great, but point of contact is key in my book.

Anyway, Yes, the enforcer is soft snow biased, but with the razor tune on a skiers feet used to something more relaxed, less so...

Another thought on bias, when I know how someone skis, it creates a much better filter for their opinions on skis. I think Video helps too.
I have skied w/ Phil, Jackson, Scott (Dawg), enough to have an idea of things they might like and why, so that helps shed more light on their thoughts.

Good to see you gang, hope to make some turns this year!

Cheers!
Wade

Eric Edelstein

ExoticSkis
Skier
Industry Insider
Been a subscriber for years....RS is a great resource...Read it along with Blister and all the others to get a good feel for people's take on different skis. While traditionally a race->race carver-> frontside bias for reviews...RealSkiers has been steadily drinking more rockered Kool-Aid and getting into skis wider than 90mm each season... Definitely worth the subscription cost to get their feel for different skis and compare against magazines and private reviews...Big thumbs up.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
As many have noted, between this site, RS, and Blister, things are really well covered if you know their respective preferences (not sure it's really "bias").

However, the back and forth discussions of a forum really shine in narrowing down the field, especially if it's darn near impossible for you (me) to demo skis.

New to the site. Seems great!

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Pulled back to this thread after a couple of Tricia-likes (thanks, Tricia!).

Lots of posts have mentioned the Enforcer's supposed soft snow bias, but one of my best ... evenings .. last season on hard snow was on a 100mm Enforcer. It was a precise and enlightening carver that evening -- tuned by me to 1/3. (Shortly afterward, the ski got a base grind to eliminate concavity, and I think the tech detuned them -- disapproval head. I've retuned tips and tails though and I'm waiting for a good day to take them out again.)