• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Rehab Redux- Moots Routt project

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Keeping oneself sane during extended rehab requires a task. So I decided to to make-over my Moots.

after playing around a bunch, I first decided to de-badge the frame, I really liked the clean lines of the Ti but it really needed a little bling. I found a picture of a totally blinged out bike that was over-done with too many different colors. I photoshopped it and came up with the orange theme. I liked the austerity of the Ti juxtaposed to the bright orange and black. I had decided to go with a different stem and Hbar for my Emonda so I had the entire Enve cockpit to port over to the Moots. Then, Enve decided to stop using Dt Swiss 240's on their wheel sets and I found the 4.5AR's for 38% off! this wheel is the best choice for a road to gravel (primary) bike with 31 external, 25mm internal rims. Setting these up with Panaracer GravelKing 32's (tubeless of course) is about perfect for our road to grade 2 gravel roads (really hard packed dirt with some loose). I have the set of Nox Composite Citico's setup for more serious gravel rides as well with Bontragers new GR1 40 up front and 35 out back (I can only fit a true 40mm tire) I plan to upgrade the groupo next year once AXS comes down to a realistic price. For now, this is a really smooth riding bike coming in at 19.1#. I am cleared to be back in the saddle August 20th

fullsizeoutput_5ea.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5eb.jpeg

image.png

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
You said AXS? That bike is going to look even better when the crank isn't chunky-rounded-black, esp. against metal cages.

Yeh, I guess the big ring on AXS echoes the look of a disc rotor so you'll have three polished metal circles in a row :thumb:

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
You said AXS? That bike is going to look even better when the crank isn't chunky-rounded-black, esp. against metal cages.

Yeh, I guess the big ring on AXS echoes the look of a disc rotor so you'll have three polished metal circles in a row :thumb:

@cantunamunch long tory short: AXS will go on my Emonda, I will put Etap Red on the moots but run a 48/32 11-32

@scott43 yeah, thats just raw Ti. I love it too thanks

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
And it matches the garage doors!

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
pretty much figured out that there's no one making a 48 for Red Etap Cranks.... hmmmm. maybe I'll just run Shimano.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
LOL, I'm not a big Shimano fan but it would be nice to run a 48/32 with 11-32. which I can with Absolute black CR's

Sponsor

Staff online