• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tyler Wenzel

(tylrwnzl on the former EpicSki)
Skier
Missed opportunity. Nolo might have owned Vail instead of Vail owning Epicski. It's probably only a matter of days before their social media folks send a C&D letter to the Pugs about this thread...

Have they ever sent one here? The only C&D I remember was from some Canadian ski resort that had fired most of their Ski Patrol leadership and then wanted to quash any discussion of it. I understand why the owners of Epic accepted that one but I did not agree with that decision. I even tried to get it reinstated after a couple years and it had blown over but got shut down.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Have they ever sent one here?
Nope. If they did, I know we have a few lawyers here that would pick up the case pro bono.
The only C&D I remember was from some Canadian ski resort that had fired most of their Ski Patrol leadership and then wanted to quash any discussion of it.
Yeah, that was ugly and I agree that Nolo got (rightfully) scared that the cost outweighted the benefit of keeping it up.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Ah yes, Sunshine Village, Ski Patrol did their job trying to clear a group out of a closed area, only only one of the people they were they were dealing with was the son of an owner. Reportedly the group was abusive towards the patrol with a "do you know who I am" thrown in there.

4 patrollers were terminated, and there was a call for people to boycott the resort. Sunshine Village used legal threats to stop the negative press. This was in 2011 IIRC.

Since then they've changed the name to Banff Sunshine, so everything's OK.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Whenever I hear the Scurfield name I still think "scumbags". I believe the daughter Kendra is now prominent at the resort.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Missed opportunity. Nolo might have owned Vail instead of Vail owning Epicski. It's probably only a matter of days before their social media folks send a C&D letter to the Pugs about this thread...
Or maybe Vails Epicpass would have never happened!!!
:micdrop:

I can dream can't I :)

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Nope. If they did, I know we have a few lawyers here that would pick up the case pro bono.

Yeah, that was ugly and I agree that Nolo got (rightfully) scared that the cost outweighted the benefit of keeping it up.
Faced with a similar deep pockets fascist, Nolo probably also had similar assets.. who advised it was just easier to take the thread down right? :huh: Rich asshats suck..

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Faced with a similar deep pockets fascist, Nolo probably also had similar assets.. who advised it was just easier to take the thread down right? :huh: Rich asshats suck..
You can take some pleasure in the fact that sometimes these "rich asshats" screw up and make bad decisions. Vail once owned a grass roots ski industry social media influencer website and decided to shut it down....oops.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IMHO this site is very much better. It’s more intuitive, the technical talk is great, and the tone is respectful. I didn’t find all that to be consistently true in Epic.
and the software is years beyond Huddlers ... even VBull. .