• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
What is this Epicski of which you speak? I guess I’ve forgotten, it seems so long ago.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Nowadays pretty much every one of my real-life ski buddies is also a Ski Talker.
This is actually a danger IME. More and more of my regular ski buddies think I'm a nut case. Meanwhile I'm wondering why they can't answer "basic" questions like "What angles are you running on those?" Fortunately beer is the great equalizer.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
This is actually a danger IME. More and more of my regular ski buddies think I'm a nut case. Meanwhile I'm wondering why they can't answer "basic" questions like "What angles are you running on those?" Fortunately beer is the great equalizer.
Yep, you get the blank "huh?" look. Delta? Effective edge? Try to keep it simple: they're blue.

I never knew what I didn't know and life was easier. Skiing, though, was harder.

Near Nyquist

At the edge of instability
Skier
Let’s face The cold hard facts

you are a nut case and need to move to Taos with @mdf

Pandita

Booting up
Skier
Epicski was a great start to really feel connected to the ski community. I still have my baseball cap from the Epicski Academy in 2009, I forget whether it was Big Sky or Stowe. Still love the cap. Those Epic Academy. Ski talk is and has been a great continuation.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I was waiting for the Epic court battle w/ Pugski... and then we could discuss... okay... debate... like w/ Knee Binders!!! Ha ha ha ha Sorry... I couldn't resist!

That thread was crazy and surprising but FUN and helped to set online industry etiquette to some degree. Historic stuff, forever imbedded in our history... for better overall! I think we all learned more about binding and product development, advertising, engineering, court case management and brand loyalties than we could have ever imagined! :popcorn: :beercheer:

Last edited:

Tyler Wenzel

(tylrwnzl on the former EpicSki)
Skier
“Epicski is closing go to pugski.com“

Funny, as soon as I got off the call with the powers that be at Vail that EpicSki was being shut down, Phil was my first call. Gave him and Tricia advance warning to make sure they had enough bandwidth for the probably incoming migration and that I'd send people their way. Still miss that place and upset about how they (Mountain News/Vail) handled the shutdown.

Sponsor