• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

MissySki

Rogue Assassin of Bad Puns.
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@Tricia at 5'4" the recomended size is 156 relaxed and agressive - that seems extreemly short for a ski with rocker. I will await your review on the 170 :popcorn:

Same here.. I’m 5’4” 130lbs and my ski length of choice is usually in the mid 160s, the 156 suggestion seems way off. Looking forward to hearing others’ reviews.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The ski looks fun! Loving that Renoun is expanding their offerings so much this year.
Well, there is an Endurance 88 coming for men. ;)

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Same here.. I’m 5’4” 130lbs and my ski length of choice is usually in the mid 160s, the 156 suggestion seems way off. Looking forward to hearing others’ reviews.
I'd go with the 163. Not sure how Cyrus' suggested length thingy works, but I agree that its off.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
First Renoun topsheet I've really liked. :thumb:

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Already hit the second page and no one has made a snarky comment about the name of the ski and something about getting "lost over the ocean". ;)

Looks like a nice ski though.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Already hit the second page and no one has made a snarky comment about the name of the ski and something about getting "lost over the ocean". ;)

Looks like a nice ski though.

In2h2o

Out on the slopes
Skier
How much do you weigh?
Well apparently I'm 2 lbs heavier than I thought I was - after getting inspired to buy a new scale via the weight watchers thread I'm allegedly 128. I liked the numbers on my old scale better..... I would consider the 163 to be a "relaxed" size depending on the rocker, so sizing for the lower heights are definitely too short on that chart. Looking for a mid waist 80 something ski that is fun on groomers but can really handle off piste as well.

Cyrus Schenck

Founder of Renoun Skis
Skier
Manufacturer
Jumping in here real quick! So glad to hear positive comments about the ski, it's design and the graphic (which we couldn't have done without tons and tons of feedback from many many of very patient ladies in the building).

As for sizing — I'd imagine many PugSki members are above average in skiing ability and would size up (maybe even beyond what we have in our chart). It's great feedback though and we're adjusting our size chart on the 'aggressive' column to better reflect a more aggressive skier based on comments here — THANK YOU for the feedback @In2h2o, @Tricia @MissySki. Also, a size chart is a pretty 'broad stroke' for many different types of skiers — our goal is to give you a recomendation/starting point and let you hone in per your style & experience from there. (Alsoand if you choose the wrong one, let us know and we'll swap to a different size!)

and here's a pic of the 170cm vs 163cm to give a sense of the length diff.

Attachments

• Renoun Earhart 88 Ski.JPG
    Renoun Earhart 88 Ski.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 40

In2h2o

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thank you @Cyrus Schenck for your reply - they are sweet looking skis all around. With out pigeonholing the ski, what is the level of your intended skier for this ski?

I certainly understand ski sizing is sort of goldilocks conundrum sometimes one a little too short the next size a little too long - would be helpful to know if they ski short/long/true to length?

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yeah, but @Cyrus Schenck didn't send me a pretty knit hat with a pink bobble on top when I got my Atlas', but he did send one to @kimberlin in her package of Earharts that arrived last night: she sent me a picture - outrageous discrimination! And now I'm gonna be skiing the OLD pair of Renouns when I'm out with her next week.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Yeah, but @Cyrus Schenck didn't send me a pretty knit hat with a pink bobble on top when I got my Atlas', but he did send one to @kimberlin in her package of Earharts that arrived last night: she sent me a picture - outrageous discrimination! And now I'm gonna be skiing the OLD pair of Renouns when I'm out with her next week.

I have a Renoun one with a blue bobble if that would suit you better. ;) It matched my Z90's.

RobSN

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have a Renoun one with a blue bobble if that would suit you better.
Thanks for the offer, but it was the pink that was so, I don't know, fetching ...

The pom "bobble" is actually white. Will that work with your outfit?
Ah, color temperature must have been off in the photo - I thought it was a blush pink. But as for the outfit, @kimberlin , which one, which one???

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January