• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Renoun or DPS

TS
N

nd_1975

Booting up
Skier
Thanks everyone! Going back to the original description is there anything else I should consider?

Neal

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Given the choice between the Citadel and 100RP, I'd go with the Citadel. I prefer it as I found it more stable at speed on groomers and hard pack. It may not be as nimble in fluff and trees as the DPS but I've had more hard and cut up than powder. All that said, I agree that the DPS Pagoda Piste 94 C2 is a fantastic mixed condition ski.

As to other skis to consider, I was super impressed with the Armada Declivity 92 but that may be getting a little narrower than you're looking for.

TS
N

nd_1975

Booting up
Skier
I like and have skied both the Pagoda and Citadel. If you were going to tour, the Citadel all day long, if really like the Ripstick Black, the Citadel is a quieter better version on that ski w/o the Amphibio. The Pagoda is the best constructed DPS I have ever skied, quite, smooth and damp yet still playful. If you want to charge, the Citadel, if you want more playful in the trees, the DPS. The Citadel does pull into the turn a bit better but the DPS is better in cut up with it's extended tip.
This was really helpful and has me leaning towards DPS. Curious though if I should think about the mfree 108 or 99? Blaze 106? For what I am looking for what would be the recommendations?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This was really helpful and has me leaning towards DPS. Curious though if I should think about the mfree 108 or 99? Blaze 106? For what I am looking for what would be the recommendations?
I'd say possibly the M-Pro 99...take a look at this Cage Match M-Pro 99 vs M-Free 99 and see if it speaks to you.

Sponsor